Ratings for Dr. John G. Piper

Piper did a four tier fusion on my C3-C7. No complications a little discomfort right after surgery. Pain is gone and physical therapy is going great. I can't say enough great things about him. I got my life back because of him and his skills.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

When asked why I was still in pain, he said he did not know; he was a surgeon. could he procure a tens unit or refer me to a physical therapist; no, he was a surgeon. Why is my leg numb and tingly; he does not know; he is a surgeon. Close-minded, arrogant, and uncaring.

Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr. performed Cervical Fusion w/bone 9 yrs ago and 2 mos later surgery on my RH for Carpal Tunnel. Started having seizures in my RH which now I can't use.Was sent to Ia.City & was diagnosed with "Post Traumatic Dystonia" as he was unable to figure out. Not sure what it means other than it is a "disability" and I have a hand which I can't use (was right-handed) and now have to left-handed.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Dr was very rude. When asked a question was told not to worry about it. When treatment was complete was told would just have to live with pain, no suggestions on what to do to help deal with the pain. Wrote letter to insurance company saying patient was argumentitive, which was untrue.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Poor communication skills and rude.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2007

Dr. John G. Piper's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)