Ratings for Dr. Steven P. Levine

Dr Levine is not only a competent & caring MD, he's also adept at mental health diagnoses, using his credential and experience as a therapist wisely. He's ALSO capable of developing optimal treatment plans for his patients, using only their best interests as the ultimate criteria for treatment. That's critical to psychiatric care & often lost in our current paradigm of 5" visits(with no collaboration with therapists or the critical, life altering information they might bring.) Only a professional who is able to also see a patient through a therapists lens...training, skills, & insight could gather imperative patient information, as he does! Dr Levine is light years ahead of his competitors in research and new paradigm implementation-esp as it relates to Ketamine. He's also an efficient time manager, responding to questions with great speed outside regular appt times. If you are at the end of your rope as I was, he's your chance to start living again! God bless him! God bless MDs that still practice with heart and egalitarianism, as does Dr Levine! It's so awesome to be treated as a whole person, in a non condescending manner! One more thing...Dr Levine has empathy, I don't see how physicians care for patients without that, many try, but, I do not think it's possible! HJL in VA

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Levine for Ketamine infusion therapy. The therapy works better than any medication I have ever taken after having depression for many years. He is really good about calling you back and sometimes just calls to check on you to see how you are doing (what doctor does that). He is a great doctor and a great man. He has my complete respect.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Excellent doctor. I trust this man and value his help.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Levine, in my opinion, is probably one of the best psychiatrists in the Princeton area. I get the impression that he sincerely cares about his patients' well being. With his guidance, I am well on the path of healing and for that, I will forever be grateful to him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I saw Dr. Levine for ketamine infusions. Prior to the consult I asked about cost. All he said was 685.00. My husband took off to drive me to the consult. At the end he mentioned it wasn't just one treatment you had to pay for put 9!!! This has to be paid in in advance and you have to pay for maintence treatments every weeks. I asked him if there was any data to support this many treatments and he said no. His website and his pamphlet do not mention this 9 treatment and maintenance schedule and the advanced payment. Sometimes when you think something is to good go be true , it is! I just want other patients to know the whole story before they pay the $350 consult. DR. Levine this is my experience and you have no right to delete this, like you did on vitals.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Levine took his time to understand me as a person. He is a therapist as well as a psychiatrist, but stays on the cutting edge of medical treatments. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Levine for about 6 months now and have found him to be caring, knowledgeable, and insightful. I have seen other doctors in the past, but he has a rare combination of intelligence and down to earth compassion. I highly recommend Dr. Levine.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr. Steven P. Levine's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Hospitals in Princeton, NJ