Ratings for Dr. Karen Lawson

I think if you're not there for cosmetic reasons (laser hair or whatever) she doesn't waste time on you. It's probably not profitable. Her receptionist is condescending and not helpful and neither is she.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Horrible!! staff and doctor. Refused to see me when i told her it was an emergency, scheduled my appointment so late the next day i was unable to get see the specialist i needed to that day. the next day (now three days later) I awoke to karen discussing my medical condition with my girlfriend at my front door.(so unprofessional) doctor/patient confidentiality?? she said it was urgent that i saw a doctor that day. i had been telling her this for two days now. when i suggested it was inappropriate to discuss my medical condition at the front door way of my apartment, meaning either come in so my neighbors can't hear or i can meet you in your office, she scurried off without ever speaking with me. when i called to speak with her she gave me grief about how i was representing her when i go see whomever she referred me to and this is a direct quote "i don't give everyone a referral its only for the patients i care about. if i don't care about you, i tell you to look in a phone book." This last comment was unreal!! (So unethical) doctors are not suppose to play favorites they are suppose to provide the same treatment and the best possible treatment for every individual they see. Karen's performance was so poor i can't imagine how bad it would have been if she didn't "care about me"

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

after checking my medicare charges I realized she overbilled medicare by charging them for a long visit,40 minutes,when I was only there 12-15 min....dishonest

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Be careful to understand that this doctor is not always available. She is sometimes taking vacations or the office is closed when you need to see her. She also changes her opinions quickly and has even been combative during appointments.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I used Dr. Lawson for cosmetic fillers and found she did a pretty good job. But, her prices are extremely high and she wanted to continue adding fillers after I had already paid a substantial amount of money. In the end, I am seeing a cosmetic surgeon now and I find that he is much more knowledgable and his prices are substantially lower.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

Stay away!! Dr. Lawson probably wrote the positive comments. Most unethical doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Wonderful doctor. Have seen her for 13 years now and have had no problems with seeing her or calling for an appointment. I have had to wait some time for a visit, but as a sole practitioner, some leeway should be given.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

She is never punctual, seems distracted and unorganized during visits. Clearly the cosmetic services offered are pushed, but I wouldn't go to her for that, and am considering another doctor overall because she doesn't seem to be present or concerned with my medical care.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

only lately have I started to worry about whether internal medicine is a priority compared to the new cosmetic services offered

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008

Dr. Karen Lawson's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA