Ratings for Dr. Gail K. Thornburgh

I utilized Gail Thornburgh as my parent coordinator from 2015 until the end of 2017. I waited 5 months to post this review, because I wanted to do so with a clear mind. My experience with "Dr." Thornburgh was horrible. This person professes to be skilled with "collaboration" and as a "parent coordinator", however, I never experienced someone so one-sided. During sessions with Gail, my ex-wife, who is narcissistic and has a family history of personality disorders, would say the most outlandish and false things about me, and Gail would visibly react to these lies. In addition, Gail was so one-side I felt like vomiting after every session. In one example, my ex signed a school permission form for a concert which was to take place on my custody evening. She never told me about this concert and neither did my son. On the night of the concert, needless to say, he didn't go. My ex claimed she never signed anything for it, yet accused me of not taking care of my son properly. I made my son tear through his bookbag and we found the form with her signature on it. We had a PC session with Gail to discuss. The ex insisted that she "thought" signed form was for a "daytime" concert, not the "night time concert" despite being clearly marked and the fact we never sign permission forms for in school concerts unless they are off-site. I asked Gail to read the form and tell me if it was likely to make such a mistake. She just shrugged her shoulder. Gail never, as required by PC's, prepared written summaries of our decisions, even though per our divorce agreement, the PC's decisions were tie-breaking. In our final action with Gail, I told her she had to record the final agreement. After she sent one, my ex wife didn't agree and the two of them created a significantly altered agreement, which Gail asked her to draft and send to me. This was the final straw. Gail also violated my trust. I told her something in confidence about my son and his attitude towards his mother. Sure enough, even though she said it was in confidence, she told my ex , which resulted in bad consequences for my son. Gail is biased towards women, and dare I say, Jews. My ex is Jewish; I am not. Gail is Jewish. Anytime we had disagreements about hebrew school or my desire not to participate in volunteer activities outside of hebrew school, Gail always would say, "what is wrong with it"? As if my desire not to waste my time on her religion was somehow antisemitic. About men versus women, a friend of mine recommended Gail, because Gail was "tough with her personality disordered ex husband." That friend was so apologetic to me when we realized that Gail is just tough on fathers. Do not use Gail Thornburgh. She really represents everything that is wrong with therapists and parent coordinators. She is not intelligent and she really offered nothing in the two years I worked with her. She never wrote summaries of sessions to help my ex and I live with her decisions, and she never really made decisions. She can't control narcissists, who employ deceit and diversion skillfully.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

great specialist. Kids attend therapy with her for over a year, and cannot wait to see her. They enjoy their time with Gail, and I see outcomes in their behavior change, general attitude, ability to deal with stress. She knows my kids by name, and provided very valuable advice to me and kids on siblings relationship, coping with stress, addressing anxiety.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Disrespectful and uncaring. Has a high profile in the community and yet disappointing as a parental coordinator or child psychologist.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Simply not helpful. Could not remember my child's name week to week. Did not take situation seriously. Could not keep details right, I was forced to start recording sessions to prove what was said each time.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

She really helped me understand what my son was going through and how best to help him. She came up with plans to implement upon his return from visiting the other parent.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012