Ratings for Dr. Marina Gafanovich

Rude and unprofessional. I needed a travel vaccine which I got multiple times before, but he office staff insists you to do the whole entire physical before. They insisted even of doing heart tests before admiring simple vaccine shot. They just want to bill your insurance. I told them that I don't need physical right now, and I am willing to pay for the cost for the vaccine and was told that without a whole entire physical I will not be helped. Waste of time and no help. The staff would not even allow to speak to the doctor. Beware of this place. Also, I asked for the bathroom and was told that there is no water in the office. So how do they wash hands? It's discussing.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Marina Gafanovich indeed charges some extra on top of the insurance bills. But she does this for a reason - and provides the best annual checkup possible. Thumb up!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Excellent communication, perfect manners. My tests were all done with my insurance.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

rude staff, they push unnecessary tests, take your credit card info to keep on file!!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I've been her patient for the past several years. Unfortunately, due to insurance companies raising their premiums AND cutting some of the coverage (outrageous!!) I have to co-pay some part of my annual physical procedures. However, I find it extremely useful to undergo the checkup, as many times it can prevent many diseases and health issues. As per Dr. Gafanovich, I praise her as a very knowledgeable physician with ton of experience.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Never had a problem with Dr. Gafanovich. I don't have to spend hours in the line which is really important. Her advice is always precise. I trust her decisions and have no intention to switch.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

she is one of the worst dr i have been to. she is very rude and so is her staff. when you go to other office u can pay ur copay by cash not her

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

the WORST!!!!! After taking the morning off from work and going uptown for my scheduled appointment with Dr. Gafanovich, the Doctor would not see me bc I didn't have a credit card. I have Blue Cross/shield insurance and my co-pay in cash, but the doctor's policy according to her office staff is that she keeps her patients credit cards on record so she can bill for anything that is not covered by the insurance. To put this in perspective, i was there for a routine physical which is 100% covered by my insurance. All the years that I have been going to doctors I have never seen anything like this, they could have at least been curteous and as a new patient allowed me to see the doctor with the stipulation that next time i have to provide the credit card. and they don't they don't tell you that over the phone when you make an appointment so I wasted my time and took time off from work for nothing.It makes you wonder if Dr. Gafanovich is more interested in a few dollars than her patients.

Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Marina is the most caring PCP that I know in New York. She is very knowledgeable about various conditions and is very comfortable to talk with, especially if you have a condition you are ashamed of. My family and I are patients of Dr. Marina for quite some time and she has never failed to help us. She is truly a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Dr. Gafanovich has been my PCP for 6 years now. She actually "inherited" this practice from Dr. Scileppi, whom I had been a patient of for 20 years. She is one of a few doctors out there who actually listens and cares about the patient (not the disease). Dr. Gafanovich goes as far as giving out her cell phone for emergency calls (which happen all the time during the weekends). Great doctor with a great attitude.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Marina Gafanovich's Credentials

• German

• Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (Grad. 2002)