Ratings for Dr. Lewis Myles Kurtz

Terrible doesn't listen and thinks he knows everything

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Kurtz forever ruined my abdominal wall both functionally and aesthetically and the worst part is that he got away with it and I have to live with pain and suffering because of him. I was told by another top surgeon that he (Dr. Kurtz) did the whole surgery wrong and his approach was very outdated. He made a very damaging vertical incision right in the middle of the abdomen damaging the nerves and the muscles on the left side of the abdomen which is disfigured and indented. Apparently, the incision could have been done smaller and horizontally like a smiley face around the umbilicus. He left me damaged forever. My once appealing abdomen is all messed up because of Dr. Kurtz' lack of skills and lack of up to date technology. He left residual hernia and fat behind which was hurting with every touch or move. I get pinching and needle pains to this day. I can't believe he screwed up such a simple surgery. You have been warned. Do your homework.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Very incompetent. Left me with problems and had to get second surgery to fix his screw up.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

This man and his partners and staff were absolutely exceptional. I had my gallbladder removed and they made sure that I recovered better than ever. He always spoke with me like he had all the time in the world and was so patient with answering my questions. His expertise made me feel safe and confident in his skills. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. Lewis Myles Kurtz's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy (Grad. 1972)

AHC