Ratings for Dr. Kevin C. Harrison

Dr. Harrison refused to continue seeing me because my insurance is "out of network." My pharmacy called him to get a refill on a medication and he refused to provide any refills. He told me I would have to submit my own paperwork for the insurance claims and that is not a burden that patients are intended to bear. My employer needed him to complete paperwork for me and he refused to do any of that, either. He said "he was not able", even though he has been treating me for over a year and I am perfectly healthy. This is all because I would not pay $165 for a physical, when my total should have been $48. His staff is HORRENDOUS!! He has no nurses working there and his staff are hateful and always unwilling to work with him.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. Harrison has changed my life! After numerous trips to others, he was the first to diagnose and treat me properly. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I waited for this appontment for months for nothing. He's a judgemental person that doesn't really want patients that have medicare/Medicaid combination insurance. What a way to live by the hippocratic oath pal (first do not harm.....) to assume the person In front of you has no other means of paying their remaining balance shows that dr. Harrison needs to gain a lesson in human kindness and humility and life in general and I sincerely hope that he learns that it isn't good to judge the next person because of all the success life has brought him and what he thinks life hasn't brought the next person. God bless.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

A doctor with much knowledge who will seek answers for you.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I had previously been treated by one of the top Richmond Endocrinologists before someone suggested I see Dr. Harrison. Prior to Dr. Harrison, my Dr. pooh-poohed my symptoms, suggestions, questions, and routinely just prescribed typical thyroid meds. During my first visit with Dr. H., he asked more about my health and answered more of my questions than my previous Dr. had in the 5 years he had treated me. I have always found Dr. H. very knowledgeable, open to new ideas, very compassionate, and very caring about my health. His staff has always, always been kind, courteous and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. H to anyone who wants a real relationship with their Dr.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I waited three months to see Dr. Harrison per the good reviews I read. I had the expectation that he might think outside of the box with regards to my potential hypothyroidism condition. To his credit, he did spend a lot of time with me for the initial visit and I did not feel rushed, which is so rare these days. The office staff was polite and friendly. But he told me he would call me with my results so we could discuss them and he did not. I called a week later and was given the results over the phone and when I called back with questions I got the run around. They seemed unwilling to allow me to speak to him to get answers to my medical questions. It seems like the only option, in his mind, was hormone treatment. I wanted to understand more how all my different lab results affected each other, but I could not get any other answers. So, all that to say, if you are looking for someone that will explain your diagnosis and maybe make a suggestion other than lifelong hormone treatment...this is not the place to go.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

He is the best doctor!!!!! Professional, knowledgeable, takes so much time with me. He is excellent!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Dr. Harrison is hands down the best doctor I have seen for anything! And I've seen more docs than I want to count between my husband and I. I'm not sure why he is listed as an Endocrinologist. He is an Internist/Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. His excellent knowledge of medicine is not what makes him great. His approach to medicine is very old fashioned. He greets you, not a nurse. He does your vitals! Unheard of! He spends A LONG time with you! Most offices get you in and out for the sake of making more money. Docs should make a better than average salary, but it sometimes takes away from the true care of patients. My husband and I both see him and are MUCH healthier because of it. I wish we could clone this man! But, I can't say the same for some of the staff. The person who usually runs the front desk is not warm and fuzzy! But, we can't have utopia. I give a 5 for punctuality because I'm seen within 15 min of my appointment time. Usually less.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr. Harrison is fantastic! I sought him out about two years ago to treat my hypothyroidism after trying five other doctors over the course of ten years. Other doctors only checked my TSH and they didn't care that I felt horrible as long as my TSH levels were normal. Dr. Harrison orders comprehensive lab work and carefully considers how I feel before treating me. I feel better now than I have in a long, long time! I only have one complaint -- his staff. They are unapproachable and very reluctant to help. So getting to speak to Dr. Harrison or see him is sometimes difficult.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

dr. is good if you don't want to question what he does. If you do he charges you more. His staff is HORRIBLE!! He doesn't answer phone calls if you have a problem it is filtered through his staff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Kevin C. Harrison's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)