Ratings for Dr. Allen W. Filiberti

I agree with the woman in the office. She is very rude and is the last person who should be taking calls from anxious heart patients, as she does not know how to be reassuring and calming in the least. She claims to put things through, but they never seem to, and argues over my insurance policy procedures when she has no idea what they require, even when we went through the same conversation and procedures last time I spoke with her. Also, when calling because of new symptoms and wanting to be evaluated, the woman at the desk (and I am almost positive her name is Debbie), doesn't even suggest what to do when there are not any appointments for at least 6 weeks. I guess when a new symptom arrives, I have to just run to the emergency and pay $250 to get care. Dr. Filiberti is a good doctor though. He is a busy man, so sometimes he does run quite late, but I am happy if that time is prolonging/saving someone's life. He listens and answers concerns very well. I do wish that he would have additional staff that could take patients and at least screen them for major issues while waiting to be seen by him, since he is so busy. Yes, I too would like to see MC/Visa and debit cards added.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I called the office several times concerning my bill and the person answering the phone has absolutely no people skills and should not be allowed to interact with people.VERY RUDE PEOPLE WORKING IN HIS OFFICE! Doctor Filiberti still lives in the stone age and will not let you pay bills by credit card. He is too cheap to pay the 3% fee charged by credit companies...

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Very caring and professional. Saved my life. Put in 5 stents. 3 the first day and 2 the next day.Emergency operation.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Filiberti for several years having undergone two procedures. He is an outstanding cardiologist possessing both remarkable technical and interpersonal skills. I also have had only positive interactions with Deborah who I believe is also a nurse. Not only does she put the patient at ease while taking their vitals ans EKG, but she has been most helpful on the telephone. I have had to cancel two appointments and she has been most accommodating. I travel over fifty miles to be seen at this practice; Dr Filiberti and his staff make this trip well worth while.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

The receptionist, I think her name is Debbie, is the worst in the world!!! I wanted a copy of my medical records and she would not send them, said she sent them already. She would not listen to what I was saying, just kept saying no, she already made a copy for an insurance company and would not make a copy for me, even though I agreed to pay the fee of $250. She is a real horrible bully. Every time I tried to speak she cut me off or hung up on me. When I called back she just kept yelling over me and would not listen to a word. I am disgusted by her.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Dr. Allen W. Filiberti's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1978)