Ratings for Dr. Kay A. Ficht

A few years ago I met a women who works at Anna Jaques Hospital at a party. She was talking about this "wonderful doctor" that was new to the staff. He became my husband's primary care dr. the very next week. I'm stunned to see a negative review about this doctor. Everytime we leave his office we talk about how lucky we are to have found him. He is compassionate, takes his time, doesn't keep you waiting, explains everything very clearly, and will see you without an appt. early in the morning if something comes up that can't wait. He knows his stuff and is the best doctor my husband has every had.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Best Doctor experience,been going there for years, nurse practitioners also number 1 !!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I have seen the doctor 3 times and am not at all pleased. He is arrogant and does not try to help with problems. When I asked him to run some blood tests so that I don't need to visit my specialist as often for a thyroid disorder(it's a long ride), he didn't want to run the tests as recommended by the specialist. He thought he knew better. When confronted, he actually said, "Why don't got just go to Dr. "so-and-so" then!" He has an enormous ego. He left the office saying he didn't know what was wrong with me and walked away. I find him to be very cold and negligent and his staff has lost my messages more than once. They refuse to be helpful and would not fax my blood work to the lab, but sent it by mail! They also claim not to have emailing capabilities. I would never recommend this doctor.

Submitted June 14, 2012

He is a brilliant doctor. And kind and thoughtful. Walked me personally downstairs tot he dermatologists.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I just started seeing Dr. Ficht, after years of being unhappy with my pcp i changed to him when a good friend referred me. LOVE HIM!! 3 visits in and he sent me to a specilist and got me diagnosed! He is friendly and compasionite and its obvious that he cares about his patients. He takes time to explain things and even looked stuff up on the computer to show me. Also his staff is happy and funny and you can see that they love working with him. Changing to him was the best thing i could have done!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Wonderful Doctor! I would recommend him without reservation. My husband and I have been going to Dr. Ficht for over 10 years. Terrific human being.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

We now travel to Newburyport to see Dr. Kay Ficht, it was a no brainer, we respect him and wouldn't be happy or comfortable with another pc doctor. Sheila St. Louis

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Dr. Ficht has been my Primary for many years and I couldnt be happier! He has sick call, pays attention to you and is really concerned. He isnt afraid to send you for tests or second opinions if there is any questions.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr.Ficht is a compassionate guy who really cares about your health. He's been my doctor now for about two years and I thank the Lord for his great skills and manner.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Ficht's for 9 years. He has been an incredible doctor! He takes into account all possibilities, is not afraid to say he doesn't know the answers and welcomes 2nd opinions/ideas. It took time to chase down my correct diagnosis - but he never gave up and said, "Oh, it's all in your head" or dismissed my symptoms...I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Kay A. Ficht's Credentials

• Univ Hamburg, Krankenhaus Eppendorf, Fak Med, Hamburg (407-21 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Newburyport, MA