Ratings for Dr. David S. Doka

Dr. Doka's staff is very rude. They are not willing to verify insurance in order to schedule an appointment. I will make sure I let everyone know that his staff is rude!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

My son has seen Dr. Doka for about 4 years. This doctor does seem knowledgeable about my son's vision and eye health. However, he has been very condescending and patronizing to me as a parent when I ask questions or voice concerns. Office staff are not particularly caring. The girl who gave my son his dialating eye drops was very impatient with him when trying to screen him later. His office management is pitiful with individuals there waiting an average of over 3 hours or more. And many of these patients are very small children. No one has been able to tell me how many patients are scheduled for one appointment time. When I voiced my concern regarding the wait to the doctor, he simply snickered to his assistant and stated, "I'd like to tell you it will change but.. it won't." There was no apology or regard for my concern. I would not take my son to see this doctor if there were other alternatives. He is one of only 2 pediatric ophthalmologists in the entire city.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

My son saw Dr. Doka from the time he was 10 months old. His vision improved due to the agressive treatment that Dr. Doka provided. He was interested in my son's studies and activities, and sought to ensure that his eye wear suited his lifestyle. Although it is crowded and it takes time, I would gladly wait for him, and when my son is old enough to be a candidate for Lasik, I will take him to Dr. Doka!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

staff and doctor helpful, respectful and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted November 5, 2007

Dr. Doka and his staff both acknowledged that I had a very far developed cataract on my left eye. My vision was reduced to shadows. He performed corrective surgery and implanted a lens in my left eye and now my vision is close to perfect. He and his staff were most gracious. I was touched by the fact that he and his staff provide care to the poor of Mexico on a regular basis. His demeanor with me was always warm and very sincere. I was impressed that he gave a gift (a small plant) to each of his surgical patients who had completed their treatment. I have heard nothing but good things about this practice, and it certainly lived up to the reputation that I had heard.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

After my lasik went bad, Dr. Doka was very upset and stated that most women that make it into their 50's get depressed and want to commit suicide, that his grandmother had committed suicide. He raised his voice and told me to stop doing research on the internet about lasik. He literally wanted to twist my arm into having an enhancement on my left eye and I absolutely refused. He was not aware that there are two type of hinges that can be made in lasik. I would never recommend this man to anyone as his character changes while he is trying to get you as a customer, once the lasik is done, he becomes a different person.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2006

I felt I was treated extremely poorly by the doctor. The doctor seeemed very unprofessional when I explained my problems and symptoms to him. I felt that the doctor was trying to pass me off to someone else by some of the comments he made to me that I believe were totally unprofessional and mean.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2005

Dr. David S. Doka's Credentials

• Spanish

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)