Ratings for Dr. Erika E. Degayner

My wife had C Diff, but unfortunately this rude, egocentric, embarrassment to her profession thought it was a mild case of Crohn's disease for 2 months. Even after the other doctors finally had diagnosed my wife with C Diff and the medication for C Diff was improving her condition DeGayner was still insisting she had Crohn's. If all she thought was wrong was a mild case of Crohn's then I would hate to see a normal or bad case of it. Also told my wife to just go to U of M next time she started getting sick if she didn't believe her diagnosis. Apparently she has an ego, and apparently she isn't as good as she think she is. Now my wife is dealing with the effects of being on steroids and painkillers for two months while Degayner, the GI doc that probably can't tell her a$$ from a hole in the ground, treated her for something she doesn't have.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Extremely rude and acts crazy . Not a very nice person

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I wish I could give her zeroes. I had the exact same experience recently at St. Mary's as another reviewer. She had me in tears as I was going under yelling at me and telling me one of the risks is "Death, do you understand? DEATH". She is sadistic, and although she found a large polyp and diverticulitis, she didn't bother to speak with me or my family after. The nurse back on my floor was not happy that she had to call up for the report. Never again will I trust her.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I went in for a colonoscopy. As soon as Dr. Degayner entered the room (not saying hello just lousy and rudely ) she asked in a rude tone "why is a 38 year old getting a colonoscopy". I explained my history and she proceeded to condescendingly tell me the previous doctor was wrong for Asking for this. I was on the bed getting prepped to go under and she said "well Just so you know this Procedure could result in a perforated intestine, major surgery and death". I asked her if she was trying to scare me out of a procedure I have been prepping for, for days. She said in a snarky tone, " I just have to warn you".. wow!! Really as the anesthesiologist is putting me under? She is heartless and I was terrified to be under her care. I started crying and everyone in the room seemed to look at me like "we know she is heartless" It was like she walked in with an attitude and was Taking it out on me. She seems like she is just miserable to be around. Her staff are great.. she is lucky anyone works for her. She comes off as arrogant and has her mind made up no matter what you say. Glad I lived to tell the story..no perforated intestine or major surgery.. I will never go back to her..just awful..

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Very professional. Does not "sugar coat". Factual. Thorough. Answered all questions we asked. Courteous and polite. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I will never go to Dr. Degaymer again. She is very rude, condescending and has no empathy or bedside manners! She won't even look you in the eye when she gives you a "death sentence". I went to Beaumont hospital and was treated with dignity and respect. Wake up Degaymer and get off your soapbox!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Contrary to other reviews, I have to say that Dr. Degayner was very nice to me. I was a little nervous going in after reading these reviews, but I found her to be pleasant and professional. I would recommend her to anyone that has to have a procedure with her. Her staff was very nice as well. They explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. Guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I had my gull bladder removed after going into the ER at st Marys and she was so rude and didn'tanswer any questions

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Always waiting at least an hour past appointment time, is very pushy with drug therapies, even after expressing my disinterest in them. Last time, kept me waiting an hour, came in and said "sorry for the wait, you wouldn't believe the day I'm having" then she spent 20 minutes with me and then commented "well that took a lot longer than I expected". Tried asking her a question once we were out of the exam room and she directed me to ask the receptionist. The receptionist is not making $60 for a 20 min office visit, and she is not skilled to answer health questions. Not at all happy with her, and each visit it gets worse and worse.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I had an endoscopy performed by Dr. Degayner today. Although the procedure went fine, she had horrible bedside manner. I had a few questions afterwards and she was extremely defensive and argumentative. I was practically in tears when I left and she made me feel as though it was my fault that I am feeling ill. I have another appointment with her in a few weeks, but I will be finding a new doctor before then. I haven't seen any of the other doctors at her practice, but her nurse and other staff have been extremely helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr. Erika E. Degayner's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1999)