You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Karen A. Toppi

The staff has been very helpful with following up for scheduled tests. I have been seeing Dr. Toppi for several years and she has always been patient, informative and to the point when needed. I prefer a female and she is very understanding and kind.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Never again! No Bedside Manners. You can never talk to the doctor is always the PA or the nurse(Who act like she have MD in front of her name)....Will see another doctor...

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I have been a patient for several years and think that Dr. Toppi is extremely competent and an amazing advocate for women's health care. She is focused and efficient, but very genuinely caring. I have always felt comfortable talking to her and working as a partner with her in my own care. The Nurses and Nurse Practitioner are both very knowledgeable and the rest of the staff are on point and responsive. I have VERY high expectations of the people I choose to work with ....Dr. Toppi has my highest regard and recommendation!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Not sure if I caught this doctor on a bad day, but after waiting months for a new patient appointment, I am uncertain what the hype is. Dr. Toppi was abrupt and rough. While in the office I overheard conversation about another patient that was completely inappropriate. Thinking its time for this lady to retire, obviously the day to day grind is not her passion.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Great experience. Beautiful office and pleasant staff. I was seen within 5 minutes of appointment time. Dr. Toppi was extremely pleasant and made you feel very comfortable. She was thorough and had a great bedside manner. The staff was efficient and I was out of there in no time. I have surgery scheduled with her and have no doubt that I am in good hands. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a good GYN> My insurance is FHCP.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

When I called for an appointment, I was told the soonest available was 2+ months away. I took the appointment, and gave the unfriendly person on the phone my insurance information. When I showed up at the appointment ( 2+ months later ) I was told that they no longer accept my insurance. Really?? Perhaps it would be courteous to let me know beforehand? At the very least it should have been caught when they called to confirm my appointment. They stopped taking my insurance a month or so after I called to make the appointment. I didn't even receive an apology, they "generously" told me I could keep the appointment IF I paid for it out of pocket.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful Dr. - look no further. I have known her now for 9 years. Everytime I would go in for an office check-up, she was always concerned about your health as well. She would ask you if you had any questions. She really meant it. She will pull up that chair and look you right in your eyes and explain the situation to you. She will give you the pros and cons of every situation that you may have. I just recently had an operation and she explained the entire procedure to me, along with a DVD for me to actually view how the entire procedure will be performed. She is and AWESOME Dr. and I would highly recommend her, as I did within the years to friends and co-workers. She actually feels your pain. Her entire office staff is also very warm and friendly. The hospital office staff was very helpful from the time I stepped in the hospital until the day I left.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Excellent Dr. who is passionate about caring for her patients. Very knowledgeable and up to date on the latest technology. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

waited 6 months for appointment, waited over 1 hr for visit, when question directed at Dr Toppi "will this proceedure be painful" respose was "not going to hurt me". No future visits planned, one is enough.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I saw Dr. Toppi a bout 4 times, but had concerns right away, with the staff as well as with the Dr. The staff seemed unorganized, I had called to ask the Dr. some questions and they would never let me speak with her. When I left a message, the Dr. never called me back. The wait was reasonable, but when the Dr. came in it was like she didn't even look at my chart before she came in to the room.She kept asking me why was I in to see her today. I came because she requested to see me, for a fitting of a peciary. When I got it, I kept saying it was too big. She finally sent me to another Dr. in Jacksonville that could do the surgery that I needed, someone who could better serve my needs. She said!! I have never regretted changing to Dr. Steven Goldwasser in Jacksonville. What a difference!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr. Karen A. Toppi's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1992)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The staff has been very helpful with following up for scheduled tests. I have been seeing Dr. Toppi for several years and she has always been patient, informati..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Never again! No Bedside Manners. You can never talk to the doctor is always the PA or the nurse(Who act like she have MD in front of her name)....Will see anot..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for several years and think that Dr. Toppi is extremely competent and an amazing advocate for women's health care. She is focused and eff..."

November 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=29273'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=29273'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014