Ratings for Dr. Joyce E. Brody

I've been going to Dr. Brody about 8 or 9 years now. I've generally had good rapport with her, but on a few visits she has seemed moody and rather abrupt. She has contradicted what other doctors have told me, about migraines often being worse around menopause. Also, when I was having trouble figuring out what treatment to do about my heavy bleeding and called the office asking for her to return my call (really needed more opinions), I never heard from her. (That may have just been due to her staff though, not passing along my message.) I plan to continue going to her, but I'm not sure I would recommend her to someone young who is looking for their first GYN.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Brody for 11 years for the yearly gyno exam. She is absolutely amazing! I moved to Northern VA but continue to see her at the Rockville office. We always have a good chat and laugh. I walk out of the office smiling, if you can believe it! I wish she was also an OB--I would love for her to deliver my baby! In regards to the entire practice, I recommend them highly. I was having issues with severe morning sickness at 6 weeks, and the Northern VA OB I had an appointment with at 11 weeks refused to see me since I wasn't already a patient. (Huh?) Brody's practice got me in with the midwife on the same day. The nurses are wonderful and sympathetic, and the midwife was just lovely. If we lived in MD, we'd be going there for OB.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Brody for years and have always found her to be extremely easy to talk to, non-judgemental and professional. I have full confidence in her medical capabilities and think that she has an excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Brody for several years. She was recommended by one of my other top docs. I have never seen her rude in the least. She has been very empathetic and helpful with both me and my daughter.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

She was rude and yelled at me during the examination! I left in tears - and their was no apology. Her staff at least was nicer than her.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2006

I thought Dr. Brody was excellent. She spent about 30 minutes speaking with me before my exam. I thought she was helpful and I would recommend her anyone.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2006

What kind of doctor does not offer a patient tissues when they are crying in their office? I am seeking another doctor after this last visit.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2006

I thought she was very warm and sympathetic to my health concerns. I was very impressed with Dr. Brody, and would recommend her to all women.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006

Extremely rude.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2006

Dr. Joyce E. Brody's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

MAMSI