Ratings for Dr. Robert Schachter

Because of my anxiety I have seen a lot of therapists. Before Dr. Schachter, not one of them really helped. I wanted to know what to do about my problem, and they would say nothing. I am very successful in a very competitive field, but I have always been nervous with new people or if I have to make a speech. I liked Dr. Schachter because he spoke English. He didn’t try to sound important. After asking me a lot of questions, he figured out what was going on in the first visit, and he explained it to me simply. . He was smart. He understood what I was saying before I finished saying it. I had a form of social anxiety, and it was relatively easy to fix. He uses Cognitive Therapy that consists of a number of simple tools to help me identify the anxiety and then look at it differently. He gave me assignments to act differently with certain people. It worked. I haven’t felt those bad, anxious feelings for a long time now. He was truly exceptional.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012