Ratings for Dr. Kevin C. Yao

I lived tens of years with a devil in my lower back. I tried everything I could find to fight my endless pain without surgery but I finally couldn't take it any more and decided to have major back surgery. I was very lucky to find Dr. Yao - I had first met him two years ago for 15 minutes when he explained my MRI and my alternatives. I had severe stenosis and unstable vertebrae (L3, L4, L5 and S1) in my whole lower back but I continued trying to deal with my problem the next two years. When my pains became unbearable and I already had nerve damage and toe drop in my left leg, I decided to have the surgery with Dr. Yao, who really impressed me in our short meeting and with his credentials and recommendations I heard from others. I did see several other well recommended surgeons in New York but really liked Dr. Yao the best, particularly because he did not try to push me into surgery before I was ready. I am extremely happy with my decision! The surgery took more than three hours, nearly two months ago, and now I am a bionic man - with two titanium rods, eight screws, fused vertebrae from L3-S1 and cleaned and freed up nerves! I am recovering as they expected - it has been very painful, but surgical pain that is getting better, not the original devil who tortured me so! Dr. Yao is a pleasure to deal with - he is calm, responsive, reassuring and always makes me feel good. The office is also very efficient - they answer the phone and call back with answers to questions if they can't answer initially when you call. The whole frightening experience of spinal surgery has been worth doing - I am so happy I picked Dr. Yao, my Exorcist, who took away my devil!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Dr. Yao's abilities and bedside manner are superb. He performed brain surgery and I feel he is a fantastic doctor and a Godsend.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Yao is a compassionate, brilliant surgeon and an intuitive listener. I measure Dr. Yao's surgical excellence by the transformation of the quality of my health. Dr. Yao has my infinite gratitude for saving my life.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Excellent in every way. Dr. Yao performed a lower back fusion that was flawless, and he is a wonderful guy. I could not say enough about what a fine surgeon he is.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Kevin C. Yao's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1997)