Ratings for Dr. Shabnam Shahabadi

Horrible place to go !!!! They waste your time and money. Cant agree more with the previous reviews about getting charged on follow-up appointment, rude staff and making you wait. I wish I had read the reviews before and there was a way to grade lower than a star. Infact the don't deserve any rating at all, miserable place.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I wanted to see a dermatologist because I was concerned about moles and a cyst, not knowing what to ask for the receptionist suggested to start with a body scan. I was made to wait 50 minutes before being shown to a room. When the Dr arrived I felt rushed. I thought I was being seen by a dermatologist but when I asked about having a couple of moles removed I was told to see the plastic surgeon that took care of me for my breast cancer reconstruction. Is that professional and responsible?

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

This place is horrible!!! Stay away!!! The staff is incompetent and give you different information every single time and the doctors should lose their license for being so careless and unsympathetic to their patients. I made an appointment for a follow up on a service I had gotten done a couple of months ago, they specifically told me (multiple times) I was not going to be charged, because it was a follow up. When I get to the office and sign in, they asked for my insurance card, I told them that this was a follow up. They shouldn't need my insurance card, but they insisted that it was for future reference, so I gave it to them. During the visit, Dr. Shahabadi spent a total of 5 minutes and completely denying that my symptoms started after the service I received at their office. She practically forced me to buy another product. Two days later, I broke out in hives all over my face and was in serious pain. I made an appointment with my regular dermatologist and she was really upset that Dr. Shahabadi had completely mis-diagnosed me and gave me such a harmful product. When I called Dr. Shahabadi's office, they refused to talk to me even though I was in serious pain and my face was covered in hives. They refused to take the product back. They also submitted a claim through my insurance for the office visit. So now, my face is still covered in red blotches, I'm in pain, and they got money from me. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I think it is completely unethical and i'm sure illegal for a physician to ignore their patients when they are in pain especially since it was caused by that physician.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Shahabadi's staff was very nice. They seemed a little flustered but they were nice enough. In comparison to most MDs offices, I didn't have to wait that long. It was about 10 minutes after my appointment time. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. My appointment was good. All of my questions were answered. I saw the PA Gina and then I saw Dr. Shahabadi. They both answered my questions. I scheduled my next follow up appointment. She made me feel like I was adding to her work load, but she made me an appointment. She was good enough. Overall, the office was good.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Rude and inconsiderate staff. I arrived 15 minutes late to my appointment because I was not informed of their office move. Instead of apologizing for wasting my time driving around fairfax with a newborn baby to add. They asked me 20 questions, wasted an additional 20 minutes of my time before informing me the Dr couldn't see me because they run a tight a schedule. Just plain and inconsiderate of other people and their time. No courtesy.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

I am not sure what it was like in 2011 at this office, but she is great! I had an overall wonderful experience at her office. The staff is friendly and smiles when you walk in, not like going to some other offices I have been at. She has a busy office, but finds time to work you in. I would definently recommend her to others looking for a good dermatologist.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

The first time I showed up for my appt, they did not have me on the schedule. They did see me that afternoon but I had to wait 45m. I had a mole removed on my face. The stitch busted during the procedure, so she had to redo the stitch again. Two days later the stitch busted again. I tried to schedule an appt that day only to encounter a rude staff that says their existing appts were more important and have been scheduled for months in advance. Which is interesting because I got an appt within 1 1/2 weeks of my initial call. She did in fact fit me in late in the day but I was very disappointed about how the staff treated me when I told them of the problem. She was very clear that those patients were more important and treated me as if I were a nuisance. Just the fact that the medical assistant verbalized this gave me insight into how they operate.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

It is quite apparent this lady is in her profession solely for the money. She rushed me, did not answer my questions and instead referred me to obtain a pamphlet on my way out. Most importantly, I was there for a skin issue, which she DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT. How is a doctor able to make an accurate assessment without even bothering to look? This lady should be stripped of her license.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Dr. Shabnam Shahabadi's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

UnitedHealthcare