Ratings for Dr. Dean G. Tsarwhas

Extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, thorough. Superior support staff.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Great partner; always listens to me and answers my questions. Entertains any new research I find and bring to him. A little conservative in his approach, but knows his stuff. Partners well with other docs and caregivers. Cares very much about the patient's overall health, not just the cancer and has a holistic approach (stressing nutrition, exercise, other health concerns and mood/mental health). Not just a good doctor; also a good person.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

I am forever grateful fot the care Dr Tsarwhas gave me. He spent as much time as I needed during every appointment and answered every question I asked. He was straight forward and much more optimistic than I was. I had stage 3 NHL and trusted him completely (and I'm not an automatic fan of doctors). I found him to be kind, compassaionate, and knowledgeable. The oncology nurses are also awesome there. There were times when I was just so sick and weak ... and they babied me through it!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2010

Dr. Tsarwhas saved my life and has always shown concern. I had stage 4 breast cancer and was one of the first patients to use herceptin 10 years ago. The nurses were wonderful during my chemo treatments. I would and have highly recomment Dr. Tsarwhas.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Dr. Tsarwhas provides a very low quality of patient care. He only spent a few minutes with me. Dr. Tsarwhas seems to care more about the profit involved in unnecessary treatments than the patient. I would not recomend him.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

I thank Dr. Tsarwhas from the bottom of my heart for his expertise. He has literally been a life saver and gave my Mother much more time than was originally expected.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

dr.tsarwhas is the best doctor in the world and very helpful he saved my life he should win an award for being an awsome doctor!!!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2008

This doctor was recommended , but I found nothing that would make me come back.Very routine,has his mind set on the treatment regardless of patient concerns,sticks to the "golden average recommended by FDA" . In my opinion cares more about covering his a** than saving patients lives with off the label treatment that just might work. In his speciality - oncology ,the doctors should be much more open minded and unafraid to try absolutely everything .Thank God I found another doctor so I can write this today.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2007

dean tsarwhas is the best he is very knowledgeable and helpful

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

Dr. Tsarwhas is a on the serious side, but he is dealing with a serious disease. He is honest and doesn't sugar-coat things. What do you want: someone who will tell you what you want to hear or someone who will tell you the truth? I want the truth (statistically-speaking), no matter how bad it is. Technically, he is one of the best. He's also listed in Top Doctors of Chicago.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006

Dr. Dean G. Tsarwhas's Credentials

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal