Ratings for Dr. Janet Dunlap

RUN AS FAST as you can. I was taken to TRI CITY on an emergency. Dr. Dunlap said she was a specialist hip surgeon, WHICH SHE ISN'T. The next day she put in the wrong hip replacement devise. For 6 months I was in incredible pain and unable to walk without a walker and I before was a very fit active person in great shape. She made me into an old person unable to walk with constant pain. On each visit she would say the problem is that I am too active; seriously I am on a walker? I finally received had 2 opinions by highly respected hip surgeons who both said I would never be able with the what she had done, that I walk bone on metal. I went with Hoag Hosp. Dr. Gausewitz head of revision surgery and had immediate positive results! Hoag is a quality hospital with qualified doctors.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

On the first visit she reviewed my wife's records and X-rays, scheduled her for an MRI and Pre-op at the hospital. She scheduled her for a procedure 4 days in advance. The Pre-op was completed at the hospital. The next day the hospital called to say that the procedure/surgery had been cancelled. No one on her staff or she ever called to explain. Any contact with her office was initiated by my me. The procedure was rescheduled directly with the hospital after her office faxed the records. I think that her not making the effort to call and explain her reason for abandoning us was callous and careless. We will not return.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

She talked me into what she called a "minimumly invasion Surgery." One week after the surgery, my back swelled up so much that the sutures broke open. All she did for a week was change the dressing every day. I was so frustrated whith her lack of knowkledge and "don't care" attitude that I went to another surgeon. I was immediately put in the hospital where revision surgery was done. It turned out that, during her surgery, the MRSA virus was introduced into my back.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Her staff was horrible, she was good at calming my unknown fears of never being able to walk again.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Please read Don't waste your time with her,she is cold and don't care about you just her bank account,came here for a back problem(spinal stenosis,herniated disc so she said) the only solution she had was surgery no other talk about other options, also cut me off my pain meds(30 norco a month and refused to give me anything unless I agreed to surgery!! That's an awful doctor! Go elsewhere not her at all!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

I would recmend Dr. Dunlap to family and friends. I had back surgery 1 month ago. The surgery was a success. My family and friends are shocked at how fast I am recovering. The doctor has been very caring through the entire process. She has a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

she is an amazing surgeon. she KNOWS what she is doing. double cervical fusion with excellent results. HIGHLY recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Dr Dunlap is multi-tasker with lots of energy. But she is impatient and indifferent. She has no bedside manner. No matter how long you know her, she still treats you like a number. She rushes too much and could use some sensitivity training. Once she operates on you, she's done with you. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Dr. Janet Dunlap's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

• Blue Cross Of California