Ratings for Dr. Anna Fromzel

I love the way she works not painful makes you comfortable. I was afraid to get a root canal due to all the stories I have heard, but I can honestly say Dr. Fromzel the process was not painful and it was not a long process I would definitely recommend her to anyone. And what makes it even better is that my children love her also.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I can't give Dr Fromzel any credit. She is far knowledgeable on crowns. She should be able to understand the importance of a smile to a patient and also have the ability to notice the difference of a real tooth and a replacement. I will no longer take me son to her ever. It seems as if the crown which replaced a front tooth was made by her, it was horribly ugly and from afar you can actually notice the difference, much thicker and shorter that the others. I have Biotemps which I paid for out of pocket and they are perfect. When I first visited the office I asked the chunky receptionist girl about caps, crowns, Biotemps, every way I could have explained it to her and she had no idea. Biotemps are just as crowns. I HIGHLY recommend D.r. Lewis from Me Rochell. He cares about how his patients will look after placing a crown because he knows that that smile will be worn forever. There is so much I can say but my decision of never ever returning to this office speaks louder than words. I will pay for his crown, she will not take advantage of Husky insurance only because it's a state insurance, I will also make the correct calls to Husky ins and make sure he was billed for only what was done, I don't trust her professionalism.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I don't like the way Dr. Fromzel gives me services that she shouldn't do. My previous dentist under a different insurance had told me that filling on front teeth is not worthy because it won't stay firmly and is easy to fall off. However, Dr. Fromzel told me I had multiple cavities, as she did to another patient. I agreed to treat them. She then ground my front teeth. When I stop her, she said she can make the filling stay firmly. However, in a few days, the filling fell off. I went back. After she re-did it, her assistant then told me that I should not bite anything even an apple because the filling is only for cosmetic. It's too late for me and I can't get my original teeth back any more. Nowadays, all fillings have fallen off. My front teeth are only half of regular size.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

She is the best all ways nows what to say to calm you down love her

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

As a first time patient in her office and someone who has had regular cleanings every 4-6 months for the past 5+ years, I was shocked to find out that I had "multiple cavities" all of which needed "immediate attention." I explained that at my prior dentist's cleaning 6 months earlier there was no mention of any cavities and the reply was that some dentists are more conservative than others but that in her view I had 5 cavities that needed immediate attention. I immediately made an appointment at another dentist, brought the x-rays taken at Dr. Fromzel's office...and lo and behold, not a single cavity in my mouth. None. I will be reaching out to the CT State Dental Association as I can only imagine this has happened to numerous other patients.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Fromzel. I just had a root canal and it was completely pain free! I don't have dental insurance so she only charges $95 for cleanings (with x-rays if necessary). My last cleaning at my previous dentist was over $400!!! And it was painful! Her staff is great too. The hygienist who did my kids' and my cleaning is gentle and thorough. Overall it's been a very positive experience and we don't dread going to the dentist anymore.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Only positive experience - friendly environment, high quality of service. All procedures - from cleaning to bridges - are painless and stressless. I'd recommend Dr. Fromzel to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I would not recommend this doctor. It seems as if she is upselling a lot of procedures. I went for a cleaning and was told I needed an urgent gum scaling - I went for it, but other dentists I saw within the year (two others) never mentioned this. Fine, ok. Strangely my follow up appointment for reevaluation of the gum scaling was not covered by insurance (though on my next cleaning she never mentions my gums). I thought this was a one-off so I went back for another cleaning, she told me I have two cavities. I ask for a quote on how much the cavity will cost after my insurance, they quote 90 bucks. When I go to check out the bill is 113 - why? "It was bigger than we expected, sorry". I gave up arguing about 23 bucks after a couple minutes. These might have been isolated events, but based on my experience thus far, I don't fully trust this practice and will not be going back.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Just had an appointment on January 13th, 2015. I have read the negative reviews after having been there for the first time in years and the third or fourth time overall, and I have a few things to say. First of all, Dr. Fromzel is an excellent dentist, with a very good supportive team of assistants. She is exceptional at minimizing pain, is extremely thorough, straightforward, and fast. She is a breath of fresh air for someone who was used to old, slow, painful procedures done in the past. I used to think that 1 cavity took 45 minutes. Dr. Fromzel can do 5 in 20 minutes (I really neglected my teeth pretty badly). In regards to the negative reviews, most of the people seem to be angry that they were told they had so many cavities, but honestly, she is a lot more thorough than most dentists and that is a good thing (it is much better to drill and fill a nascent cavity to prevent further decay, or an eventual root canal, than to ignore or overlook due to lack of severity). One negative reviewer complained about having a mercury amalgam filling removed (to those who are unaware of what that means, it means that Dr. Fromzel removed toxic substance put in the paitient's mouth by another dentist and replaced it with a material that was not only the actual color of the tooth, as mercury amalgam is silver colored, but also much safer than mercury!), why would you complain about having a toxic substance removed from your mouth and replaced with a more aesthetic and safer alternative?! None of the rest of the negative ratings are very relevant or intelligent either (you can't blame the dentist for pointing out that you need cavities drilled or a deep cleaning or scaling, which is necessary to prevent further gum decay or the worsening of gingivitus or gum/periodontal disease). Let's face the facts: no one loves going to the dentist; it can be slightly uncomfortable or very mildly painful while getting numbed up with lidocaine (just a minor pinch, but it really is not that bad), but in my experience, some dentists do a much better job of minimizing your discomfort and making the cleaning and drilling process go much more smoothly and pain-free. Dr. Fromzel excels in this regard, and I have been to a lot of top quality dentists over the years. I highly recommend her office, staff, and work. I was in, got a very good cleaning with state of the art equipment, perfectly numbed up with lidocaine, got several bad cavities drilled pain free very quickly, and had them filled with white composite just as fast making my teeth look even whiter than beforehand! I could not be happier with the work done. Highly recommended (non-biased review, call their office if you think you might have cavities, oral health is very important and you don't want to end up needing two root canals like I do now due to neglect lol!)

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Anna has a very light hand. She's super gentle. I never feel any pain when she does my fillings. I came to her in terrible pain, Dr. Anna saved my tooth when TWO other dentists said they couldn't. After I started coming to her I haven't had any problems. I just love her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Anna Fromzel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Russian