You may also like

I must join the (apparent) crowd behind Dr. Hansen's ability to diagnose difficult conditions. I was having strange symptoms that were pointing to scary conclusions (up to and including brain cancer). She eliminated the scary options one by one and led us to a shockingly easy to treat Vitamin B-12 deficiency. I've been seeing her for checkups in the years that have followed. Her manner is so honest, kind, and professionally reassuring that 5 stars is really not high enough.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Hansen was the only M.D. who was able to diagnose me also. She saved my life from severe depression due to 8 years of trying to find answers. She gave me my life back so that I can raise my two children and spend time with them. She controls my symptoms, works well with the other specialists and tested for issues no one else even considered. Up popped the answer. She is an Angel sent to this earth by God, and I am not a super religious person, but she gave me hope and faith.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Hansen saved my life. Other doctors failed me. They misdiagnosed me. Working closely with an infectious disease doctor, Dr. Kogelnik, together they discovered my very rare bacteria and treated it. I also had a secondary condition, also elusive and difficult to live with that she continues to treat. Yes, she is caring and kind, but also the most competent doctor I've ever met.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

My insurance does not cover her. She was my first neurologist since I got epilepsy twenty years ago. I have tried another neurologist that was covered, but have never been happy with another neurologist. I have a lot of problems getting epilepsy medications to work. She is kind and caring and also asks how me about my life too. She honestly gets very pleased when things are well with me. She is very sweet to me, she also tells me to say hi to my mom. My sister is also a patient of hers, my sister is mentally disabled so my mom goes to all her appointments and my mom pays for her to see Dr Hansen. I sent a friend of mine to her too.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Caring, wise, professional, warm, loving, a beautiful mind, the kindest doctor I ever encountered. Been with her for almost a decade for migraines and other matters, some urgent, she is always there for you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Ethical, brilliant and kind; you will love this doctor. Highly regarded by her other physicians and adored by patients.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

She is amazing. I am a hard case with my epilepsy. She is understanding and really nice to me. I enjoy my appointments. She works really hard to keep me from having seizures.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

I have been with Dr. Hansen for about 20 years now and she treats me for epilepsy but she will take the time to talk about other medical and social problems. She is very astute, smart - she really is one of a kind She loves what she does and it shows

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

Dr. Hansen is extremely bright and astute. She is quick to assess and make sure your pain lessens which is amazing! Her staff is so pleasant and helpful although I know how busy they are. I sincerely appreciate the follow-up as it makes me feel taken care of and at ease! Thank you so much, Dr. Hansen and staff! Jenena Hansson

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Susan R. Hansen's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1979)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I must join the (apparent) crowd behind Dr. Hansen's ability to diagnose difficult conditions. I was having strange symptoms that were pointing to scary conclus..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hansen was the only M.D. who was able to diagnose me also. She saved my life from severe depression due to 8 years of trying to find answers. She gave me ..."

October 20, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

December 14, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Susan" to "Susan R."

October 3, 2013