Ratings for Dr. Edan Blumenthal

I highly recommend Dr Blumenthal and her office at Dental solutions in Media. I had a painless and pleasant visit. She is an amazing dentist who really cares about her work.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Blumenthal is THE worst, least professional dentist I've ever encountered. And she had her dental assistant do most of her work.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Went for a cleaning and was told I had the start of a small cavity. In June Dr.Edan Blumenthal did the filling something did not feel right even though I was still numb. Told the girl at the front desk something was wrong. The filling fell out within 24hrs. Went back the next day when I made the appt. told the girl at the front desk I did not want to see Dr.Edan Blumenthal again. She said they would like me to follow up with her. What a mistake! I was told I needed a crown Dr. Blumenthal prep the tooth had an assistant put the temp crown and never check her work. From then things went from bad to worst. Was at the office every week and saw three different dentists at the practice. Had a root canal and a toothache all summer. The work is still not complete and it is September.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I would not recommend Dental Solutions, Creating Smiles. The cleanings for my daughter and I were fast and cursory, and the time with the doctor was so superficial. She hardly looked at my teeth. I didn't feel as though I was in good hands, and the office seems out to make an extra charge wherever possible. This isn't a practice of competent and caring dentists; unfortunately, this seems to be a practice more focused on squeezing money out of patients. Worst dentist visit I've ever had.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

I was with my old dentist for many years, but switched to AMERICAN DENTAL CONCEPTS because of new dental insurance prog. Chose the office at 1003 Baltimore Pike, Media, PA, made app't for cleaning and was seen by Dr. Blumenthal. Instead of cleaning, I was told I needed a crown. Paid $575 to have that work done. Returned for a second visit to have the cleaning and was told that I needed a filling. Charged $63 although the filling covered by insurance. Returned for a third visit to have teeth cleaned. Was told that I needed a scaling -- cost over $600. Told them that I did not want a scaling, that I wanted the cleaning that would be covered by insurance. Was told that I could not have a cleaning, that I had to pay for the scaling. I am being forced to have work that I don’t want rather than the service that is covered by insurance. Seems they are interested in performing the high ticket procedures and don't want to perform the services for which they are paid only the contracted amount.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012