Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Diamond

I started on Dr. Diamond's program in early July. I have since lost 30+ pounds and am no longer on blood pressure and cholesterol medicine. I was also nearly pre-diabetic and had issues with acid reflux and upset stomach. My blood work is now normal and my stomach problems are gone!! Dr. Diamond is very knowledgeable and can determine your program based on your blood type and blood test results. He is always changing up my diet and treatment plan based on my feedback and my progress.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

Dr. Diamond continues to help me stick to my healthcare goals established during the spring of 2017 after I had surgery. At that time, my most important goal was to lower my homosistein and c reactive protein since both are inflammatory markers and quickly I did. I appreciate Dr. Diamond's detailed knowledge of blood labs, ranges and results. Whenever he recommends a supplement, he provides the appropriate dosage, when to take it and data on how it will help you. He has also provided me with specific diet plans as well as exercises.. His suggestion to learn about my blood type was very beneficial. I learned which foods to eat that would not cause inflammation and which ones to avoid. I continue to eat an anti inflammatory diet and I stay well hydrated due to the water intake protocol. Dr. Diamond often researches new ways to treat the mind as well as the body. He has suggested an innovative meditation program that has really helped me and found a group of scientists who developed a cool way to test brain functions from a drop of blood; I am always impressed with his dedication to the well-being of his patients.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Diamond since 2001. Through his chiropractic skills he has helped me heal from a painful frozen shoulder and from a debilitating back pain caused by a schwanoma(sp) in my lower back. No one else knew what was the matter but only prescribed pills for the pain. Dr. Diamond figured out what the problem was and through his skills got me up and pain free. I have total trust in him. Thanks Dr. D

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

I decided to see Dr. Diamond because I was concerned about getting pregnant for the first time at the age of 40 and after having a gastric sleeve surgery 2 years prior. When I first saw him my bloodwork showed that I was pre-menopausal and my cortisol levels were severely elevated. He prescribed a supplementation regimen and tailored an eating plan that aligned with my blood type and bariatric nutritional requirements and I quickly began to notice subtle changes in how I felt. It took 3 months for my bloodwork to normalize and I was able to get pregnant. During my pregnancy I was expiring daily aches and pains and in my second trimester I developed severe round ligament pain and came back to Dr. Diamond for adjustments. He was able to give me significant relief to the point it was comfortable to go about my daily activities. I work as a school teacher so I am on my feet most of my day. He was always supportive of what my obstetrician’s treatment plans were during my pregnancy and never tried to persuade me of an alternate option. He expressed a genuine concern for the health of both me and my baby. I am so grateful that he gave me a much safer way to get healthier and pregnant!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Diamond for 8 weeks. In this time I have not only lost 14 lbs, but my body is being fueled and performs better than ever. I never thought I would be able to reach this goal. Dr. Diamond is supportive and funny. He makes you look forward to each visit. Any questions I have along the way are promptly and thoroughly answered. I recommend him to anyone I know that is looking to achieve optimal health through diet and holistic care.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

After having my baby I went in to see doctor diamond for a chiropractor adjustment and for nutrition. He re aligned my 4 ribs that were out of place and then helped me lose 40 pounds. I went in hoping to lose 20 pounds. He always has a way to help you achieve your health goals and helped to motivate me to get excited about being healthy and getting healthy. I’m now 115pounds due to doctor diamond and his methods and have a different relationship with food and in the best shape I’ve been in in years. THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I first started seeing Dr. Diamond when I entered menopause. I was gaining weight, moody, anxious and downright miserable. My regular doctor told me there was not much I could do about it and wanted to put me on antidepressants. Dr. diamond gave me an exact diet, tested my hormones and put me on beneficial supplements. This truly helped me at this difficult time in my life. He was also the only doctor I was seeing at the time that called me just to see how I was doing. I’ll never forget that. I have presently been dealing with digestive issues. My gastro doctor wanted to put me on prescription Prilosec. I didn’t want to take this because reading about the side effects of this medicine sounded worse than my digestive issues. I tried to watch my diet and take natural remedies to cure my issue to no avail. I finally went to Dr Diamond and he put me on a “gut restoration” program. Within a week, I am feeling better, my insides are calm, my energy is better and mentally I feel better. Once again, Dr. Diamond helped me to feel better. He makes himself available when you need him and you always feels that he truly cares about your health. I am so grateful I found Dr Diamond and I will be a patient of his for life.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

We were referred to Dr. Diamond after almost 2 years of physical therapy and numerous doctor visits were unsuccessful for my daughters back injury in dance. I have never been an advocate for chiropractic or holistic care, but within a few months in Dr. Diamonds care, she was once again able to dance almost pain free. It was at that point I decided to consult with Dr. Diamond about some of my health concerns and weight issues. I had been trying to lose weight for months , but progress was slow and sparatic. With his nutritional guidance and supplements, I have lost a combined total of 65 pounds and I am finally feeling more like I did 30 years ago. I am looking forward to continuing my journey with Dr. Diamond and enjoying the healthier version of myself.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Having fought the demons of obesity for the last 30 years or so and in an effort to get a handle on the medications my GP was adding to my day daily regime, I decided to seek advice for an alternative. For the past year or so I had been wrestling with a pretty sever knee issue and was advised by the orthopedist to stop my cholesterol medication as statin drugs are known to cause muscle and joint pain. With my cholesterol having been over three hundred for as long as I can remember I decided it'd be best to finally drop the weight, loose the meds and hopefully get the knees in shape as well. With the knee problem persisting many months after I stopped the statins I decided to visit Dr. Diamond and wow, what an eye opener. During our initial consult I learned just how bad my daily diet was and why my prescription meds weren't really helping me as a person. Dr. Diamond gave me a fairly restrictive diet and a handful of natural supplements to help shock my body into working the way it should. In June of 2017 I weighed in at 279 and by November was down 47lbs. I'm not going to tell you the diet was easy but this life change was helped along by the Doctor's constant support during my bi-weekly weigh in. Ultimately I did need a partial knee replacement but Dr. Diamond changed up my supplements a bit during my home recover and I did not gain the weight back. To date and suffice to say, this 52 year old body now has more energy than I can recall (which has become a valuable asset to this volunteer firefighter), my fit better, I've scaled back my meds and more importantly I can tie my shoes without holding my breath. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dr. Diamond for showing me the alternatives and giving me the strength to start over.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Michael Diamond’s since he opened his practice in 1991. Dr. Diamond has helped me numerous times over the past 26 years. Consistent chiropractic adjustments have kept problems from my herniated disk under control. Thanks to him, I have avoided back surgery. Aching ankle and knee joints, “orange-peel” puckered skin, and general malaise sent me to my primary care physician in 1999 and were dismissed as problems of being middle-aged. When I spoke to Dr. Diamond about my symptoms, he recommended I see a rheumatologist for what he felt was a rare autoimmune disease called eosinophilic faciitis. The first rheumatologist did not accept the information given to me by Dr. Diamond and made me feel again that I was imaging my problems. Dr. Diamond pushed me to find another doctor. The blood work done by a second rheumatologist did indeed point to this rare condition---this doctor had seen only one other case in his fifteen-year practice. Thanks to Dr. Diamond’s insight and insistence, I received the medical treatment I needed. In 2005, I took a bad fall from my horse. As I attempted to walk back to the barn, I knew the clunking sensation and the the popping sound coming from my right hip were not good. Friends drove me to Dr. Diamond's office as he had helped me with other horse mishaps in the past. He came out to the car and when he saw I couldn't bear weight on my right leg, sent me immediately to the hospital with what he felt was probably a hip fracture. The emergency room took x-rays and sent me home, still unable to walk, with a diagnosis of severe contusions. Dr. Diamond called me at home the next morning and was shocked to hear the diagnosis especially since I was still unable to walk . He then set up an appointment for me to have an MRI later that morning. The MRI did indeed show I had five fractures to the right side of my pelvis. Dr. Diamond recommended a local orthopedic group and I was on my way to healing. Dr. Diamond is a caring, extremely knowledgeable health care professional. I have been fortunate to benefit from his expertise and assistance all these years.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Michael R. Diamond's Credentials

• New York Chiropractic College (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Patchogue, NY