Ratings for Dr. John J. Coen

Had six dislocations after surgery, works at 110 mph, waited for most appointments.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr Coen came very highly recommended by friends and friends of friends who had knee surgery in the Salem Hospital. They rated him the best and total success with his surgeries. I completely agree. My knee is wonderfu. (I have a back up insurance after Medicare)

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Very caring, thoughtful & straightforward in understanding my pain issues and in trying to solve those problems from a surgical procedure done by someone else. Very clear in explaining what he thought could & could not be improved.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I appeared at Salem Emergency with a broken ankle, foot, and leg, and Dr. Coen was on call. He wasted no time in getting it repaired. It was a very bad break needing a plate, pins and screws. I found him to be a very efficient, and he knew what he was doing. On follow up visits at his office, he was wonderful. He has much expertise in his field, and I judge him to be a very good doctor. He has a great bedside manner, and he instills trust in the patient. And my breaks healed up nicely, with no other serious problems. I'm glad he was on duty that night.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr. Coen is very efficient, honest, and well-trained, and knowledgeable; plus he has an awesome bedside manner. He truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

didnt do a good job on my knee the only solution was to do it over and i didnt feel i could go through it again so soon so he left me hanging and moved and every dr. that looks at my knee just shakes his head . i told him i thought he did a bum job

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

he done a bum job on my knee doesnt work like it was suppose to wanted to redo surgery i said no way you made a mess the first time no overs for you then he said youll have to live with it then no good dont let him do a knee replacement on you

flag | Submitted August 13, 2007

Dr. John J. Coen's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1989)