Ratings for Dr. Joseph E. Thompson

Friendly, personable and someone you would feel comfortable talking too. The downside, a big one, is that he takes way too long to get to the meat of things. During my initial appointment with him, I revealed a couple of things that clearly weighed heavily on me and wanted to explore. Three or four sessions later we still never got there and I felt we were beating around the bush, not making any real progress. Our child later also saw him, as we had concerns about a specific issue from his past and shared as much with Dr. Thompson. Five weeks and several hundred dollars later, he still hadn't broached the topic and he was ultimately a paid friend for our son to vent to, but again no suggestions for coping and definitely not working on the issues. Our son liked him but also said he felt it was a waste of time other than getting to complain about us to an adult and not getting grief about it.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Joseph E. Thompson's Credentials

• Morehouse School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)