Ratings for Dr. Lisa Brawley

I've been seeing her for approximately 5 yrs. The games that this woman plays is unbelievable. I am a chronic pain patient. I realize there are hoops that we must go through because of the federal government. But nowhere I've read states that a doctor can be abusive to her patients. Nowhere I've read states that she can yell at you at the top of her lungs and not give you the ability to speak without speaking over you. I don't think that its ethical, fair nor legal to subject one patient to monthly urine tests and not others because " you have good insurance". Yes she told me that!! Keep in mind, there has never been a problem with my tests. She is extremely irrational. Yes, I'm a patient, but I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, and a business owner. I have a life outside of those every 30 day appointments. She expects you to be available at her beck and call. Well, I was out of town visiting my son in college. She got mad at me, called and screamed at me and summoned me to the office for what was initially to sign a release form from my former physician. (Keep in mind, I've been seeing her for almost 5 yrs!!! ) I signed the form years ago and she even received the records. Did she lose them or was this one of her games? Well I'm not gonna come back just to do that. Why didn't she have me sign it during my appointment? Because it was a game. That was not the real reason she wanted me to come in. She kept calling and calling. I AM OUT OF TOWN!!! I became suspicious a couple months ago. Out of the blue, her whole attitude changed. She was not receptive to anything I would tell her. She would dismiss me and/or tell me that its unimportant or irrelevant. Really, you want to prescribe me a medication that contains something that I am allergic to and when I tell you that I'm allergic, in a huff full of exasperation and aggravation, you tell me that what I am telling you is irrelevant? She even stormed out of the room in anger because she didn't like the questions I was asking her. Shouldn't I be able to ask my doctor anything as it relates to my healthcare? Like I said, I became suspicious. I decided to look her up and discovered that she had become a suboxone (detox) doctor. It started to make perfect sense. She no longer wanted me as a patient because it wasn't a good look with her new endeavor. She was trying to come up with a valid reason to drop me. "Darn, her urine keeps coming back clean. Oh, I know! I will insist she comes into the office even though, I know she's out of town... Well you didn't follow my rules so you are gone!" She is truly a piece of work! She don't care about her patience and she is extremely unreasonable!!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017