Ratings for Dr. Erik N. Hansen

Right TKR. Great staff and facility. I began therapy at City Sports PT in Sunnyvale after 10 days and was off of crutches after 7 days. 10 weeks now, full extension, hiking 4 miles, 3 times a week, stiff after workout but manageable. Probably the best Ortho Surgeon in the bay area. Thanks guys, I think what I appreciated most was the staff involvement that made me feel comfortable pre and post surgery. Constant contact, almost daily.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2019

My visit was a follow up after total knee replacement and for an evaluation of my left hip to see if it was contributing to my current medical issues with my lower left leg. Several different x-rays were taken. Dr. Hansen went over each one of these and explained in detail what they showed. He is very thorough and takes the time to explain things clearly and always answers all my questions.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2019

Dr. Hansen provided a total hip replacement after healing from a catastrophic pelvis fracture. He gave me my life back! Almost like new! Dr. Hansen is super approachable and seemingly will sit and chat for as long as you need. Very nice!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2019

Every time my visit with Dr. Hansen and his staff has been very pleasant and ability to answer any of my questions was always top rated.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2019

Dr.Erik Hansen is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon with a compassionate, caring attitude towards his patient. He does a thorough discussion with the patient before surgery and thorough followup after surgery. He also takes time to answer any questions that the patient may ask.He has a wonderful team to support him.I would definitely recommend him to family ,friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Erik Hansen is a superb orthopedic surgeon. And he has developed a great team to support him. I have severe "bone-on-bone" osteoarthritis on both hips but my right hip was more severe. He replaced the head of my femur bone with a titanium implant using an anterior approach. The entire procedure was about two hours and it took him an hour and a half to do the surgery. He is careful and conservative in his approach, which was one of the main reasons I chose him. Hansen's team was very helpful in preparing me for and in recovering from the surgery. Thus, I was discharged from the hospital on the same day. I have had little to no pain, and the surgical wound healed quickly. I did not have blood clots nor was I readmitted to the hospital for additional surgery. I was able to walk independently on flat surfaces and up and down stairs within weeks after surgery. I attribute my quick recovery to Hansen's surgical precision and the knowledge and abilities of his team.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

It is well worth waiting for a surgery appointment with Dr. Hansen. He has incredible skill and great sensitivity. At 80 I had a total hip replacement, which has given me great relief. The other hip is equally bad, and I know Dr. Hansen will do an equally wonderful job. His whole team is caring and responsive. I consider myself very fortunate.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

I had a full hip replacement and am very happy with the results. Dr. Hansen has a kind, patient, manner. I was hesitant to commit to surgery even though I was in constant discomfort and walking with a limp I could no longer control. He carefully listened to my concerns, let me come to my own conclusion at my own pace. Once I made the appointment for surgery, the entire team springs to action, with scheduling, instructions, setting up easy communication with the office. The full team (nurses, anesthesioloist, physical therapist, etc.) at UCSF the day of surgery was professional and caring. Recovery was smooth. I was also able to get a referral from Dr. Hansen's office for outpatient physical therapy to assist me in getting back to 100%. They truly care about your health and full recovery. Dr. Hansen is a very good choice for a joint replacement surgery. Excellent care and superb surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2019

I had my full hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Hansen. My total experience was excellent. The surgery went quite well, and my recovery was fairly quick. Also pain management was very good. all the staff was very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

Very personable, returns any email or voice call promptly. Takes time to answer any questions. Had knee replacement and was back on the tennis court in 3 months (71 years old ,female Asian)

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

Dr. Erik N. Hansen's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Beech Street Corporation