Ratings for Dr. Maria L. VALDES

I personally find Dr Valdes' crass humor and sarcastic attitude to be refreshing. She is caring and she does realize that there aren't too many options when it comes to dealing with mental illness. The same medication is prescribed for a multitude of brain disorders. People don't understand that it umbrellas so many different dysfunctions. It's not her fault that medication is over-prescribed that's just the way the system works. You go to a doctor to get help and that's what she's offering. It's up to the patient ultimately whether or not you want to take the medication. And if the patient isn't old enough it's up to the parents. Dr Valdes told me to go off all of my medication when I was pregnant. I ended up going to the mental hospital in riverside for 6 weeks. There's plenty of medication you can take while you're pregnant. I learned this the hard way. She even told me taking Tylenol while I was pregnant would be harmful to the fetus. In some ways she was right but my baby turned out just fine. She didn't give me too many options but she did give me the go ahead to stop taking my meds which I was concerned about. I waited 3 hours to see her one time. But once we realized that I had to have the meds she made sure that I had my meds even if it meant getting a special delivery from HER prescribing pharmacy within hours. Whether or not to take medication is always a difficult decision.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Absolutely incompetent Dr. who has no business seeing anyone, especially children. I normally don't take the time to write these types of reviews, but I feel that it's my duty to warn as many people as possible. My son was there not five minutes and she's writing out a prescription for medication for ADHD. This of course after I told her he has absolutely no trouble sitting still, focusing, and doing well at school. The behaviors he exhibits are not of someone with ADHD. From reading other reviews, it sounds like all she knows how to do is write ADD medication. I guess there's a reason why she's the only you can get in to see. Most people know better than to waste their time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

My son was diagnosed with ADD-I and boarder line Anxiety. Our pediatrician recommended that we see a psychiatrist. I went against the bad reviews and booked an appointment because she could get my son earlier than anyone else. 5 min into the appointment I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time. We were there 4 min she asked my son "what grade he was in" and "does he have bad days" That was it! She wrote out a prescription for ADD medicine (which I wasn't there for because it brings out his anxiety when he was on it). I told her that we were more concerned with the anxiety. She said " there is nothing to do for children with anxiety" What?!? She then told me my pediatrician was wrong. She also said he needs all this blood work and a ekg?? The rest of the 40 min of the appointment was spent discussing her cruise, her mouth surgery and bad mouthing other drs in the practice. I left knowing I wasn't coming back or filling the meds..but even if I wanted to I couldn't because she wrote the wrong name on it! Please do not take your child or yourself here.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Took my son to see her. We waited almost TWO hours for our appointment. She came out in wrinkled scrubs and I thought she was a nurses tech. I never imagined it would be the doctor. Once we were in (I was already upset for the prolonged wait) She was writing out a prescription as we walked through the door for our initial visit. I was beside myself, we had waited so long for this. It was my last visit and I found another physician immediately to better suit our needs.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Orange Psychiatric in Murrieta could not care less about their patients. I went in this past summer for some help with my depression. First off, the people at the front desk are flat out rude and unhelpful. It is almost impossible to get an appointment here and when you do finally manage to get one it will probably last about 10 minutes. The psychiatrist and therapist I saw were crazier than I am. They talked about their personal lives more than I did and I found it hard to get a word in. Dr. Valdez prescribed me meds within the first 5 minutes of meeting her and did not care about helping me find ways to cope with my issues just put me on the lifetime path of anti-depressants. I can firmly say that this place should be put out of business. I am very unsatisfied and will not be returning.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

This was the RUDEST Dr, Ever! First visit with my young son, she comes into the waiting room and announces that she is going out for a smoke if anyone wants to join her. When she comes back, she curses several times in front of my child about her neighbor she does not like and is very impatient and rude to my younger daughter who has a severe mental illness and did not understand a lot of what she was saying. The net appt. we have, she is over 40 minutes behind. I finally had to reschedule because we had another appt. to get to and could not wait any longer. As I am leaving, she calls my sons name. I tell her we had to reschedule but that my son really needs a new prescription within the net 3 days. She smugly replies, "well, I guess you shouldn't have reschedules then and slams the office door in my face. No response such as .... "I am sorry for the 45 minute delay .... She is rude, sarcastic, crass and not a good enough doctor to have that kind of attitude. Stay far away from her!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Maria L. VALDES's Credentials

• Univ De Sevilla, Fac De Med, Sevilla, Spain (Grad. 1977)

Workers Comp