Ratings for Dr. Joan S. Petalcorin

I saw her twice only, had this problem in my hip for more than 2 years, was not able to work. I had surgery in my hip but never been out of pain in by buttock on my left, same side w surgery. My PT recommended Dr P. to, me. She reviewed my case. Found out I was on narcotics for than 2 years. Her diagnosis on me was just on the dot. 2 treatments, and I am now out of pain. I'm excited to go back to work. By the way, this was about 3 months ago and I've been freed from narcotics! My wife is excited as well that I can go back to work now!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I had chronic pain in my butt and had been to 4 different doctors in 5-year period. The last doctor I saw suggested I might benefit from fusion of my sacroiliac joint. The previous doctor did 2 injections in my butt with minor relief for a week. I was on narcotics from a pain management clinic which only put me to sleep but really did not give me good relief. With frustration, I complained to my primary doctor. She referred me to dr. P and the first time I saw her, I was pessimistic. But she spent more time with me during my first visit and reviewed my records, ordered MRI on my low back which showed a disc bulge and she did epidural injection on my back which helped so far - it has been 7 months of no pain in my butt! Now, I have been back to her for pain in my neck.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Petalcorin told me information about my condition that my neurosurgeon states was wrong and misinfomed. I had an allergic reaction to the medication she gave me that put me in the ER and when I followed up with her about it, she brushed me off and told me that no one else has ever had a reaction even though I told her that I had the documentation to prove it. She told me that she prescribed it to me because it worked for her. The last time that I went to see Dr. Petalcorin, she asked the same exact questions as the first appointment and tried to prescribe me all of the same medications that she already had me taking, showing me that she lacks attention to detail. Furthermore, she told me that I could resume running and that it would "hurt" but not "harm" me. As soon as I went to a neurosurgeon, he told me that running would harm and hurt me and to stop immediately. As a Paramedic, I can spot a lemon of a doctor from across the office and I would not recommend this Dr. to an enemy.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013