Ratings for Dr. John A. Ellerton

My mother went to Dr. Ellerton for pancreatic cancer. My mother developed a blood clot in one of her main arteries, and she became very ill. Dr Ellerton would NOT prescribe her any type of blood thinner, even when her legs swelled like balloons. She was in immense pain, so my grandmother and I took her to St. Rose, and they were surprised that blood thinners were not prescribed. St. Rose called Mr. Ellerton and he prescribed her blood thinners FINALLY. And my mother appeared to be getting better. until one day she had multiple T.I.A's. (mini strokes) Dr. Ellerton did NOT help with my mothers treatment. He would not help level her pain, or give us ANY answers on my mothers condition. He said "I cant give you the cancer back" when we went in for a visit one month, as if the cancer was going away. When in reality, it had already spread to her heart. My mother passed in the care of Dr. Ellerton. And we still don't have ANY answers on what was going on with her condition when she as still alive. We don't know what actually caused the stokes themselves, even though he gave her multiple MRI's and CAT scans. He would not tell us the results of any of them, and acted as if my mother was going to be okay. There is NO way after taking so many tests of her that he did that he saw absolutely nothing in the scans. He was withholding information about my mother, and would just walk out o f the room when we had questions. He is NOT fit to treat people, mostly because he has no regard for his patients.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I have been a patient of John Ellerton for almost 20 years. Originally diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma at the age of 30 Dr. Ellerton has treated me through a one-year long protocol for immuno-therapy, 9 years of remission,2 6 month bouts of chemo therapy and finally a stem cell treatment. Additionally, he treated my father for lung cancer and through his care took my father from a two-week death sentence giving him an additional two years with our family and has secured my cure. I have seen him weep after telling a family that nothing else can be done. Yes, he is unorthodox in his bedside manner, but he has treated me as a human being and taken the burden of worry about my care onto his shoulders. He knows my 4 inch folder and sets it aside to look me in the eye to treat all of my fears and needs. He surrounds himself with a compassionate staff - ALL of whom are openly available to answer any of my questions and support my treatment. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Ellerton.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Just finished chemo. 3 weeks later I have pain. He wouldnt even listen to me , didn't care. Actually said sorry he couldnt help me. ?????? Really ? I felt so alone. If I wouldnt have reminded him of my port he would have never requested removing it. Still have pain. Even worse now. Thank God my friend went through chemo at the same time with a different oncologist. Made that change, :( may have to go through chemo again. Sad he didnt care.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

extremly poor bedside manors forgot to come back after saying he would be back in 5 minutes very sloppy forgot to perscribe medication needed after chemotherapy avoid this doctor at all cost.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009

Dr. came in office w/ratty pants and members only jacket..thought he was janitor and not dr. Didn't introduce self, just started going thru my folder. Door left open, no privacy. Cancer patients getting chemo in small cramped rooms, jammed in together w/door open. Used sharps & biohazard containers strewn throughout hallways and stacked high. Very unprofessional, very questionable ... will never go to again!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

The rudest most uncaring Doctor that I have ever known

flag | Submitted December 10, 2006

He is a very strange doctor, but did spend time explaining different options.Husband was diagnosed with protate cancer and had a PSA and biopsy. He asked why my husband wanted to know and take a test, THAT he wouldn't have. AND he is one the head in oncology for UMC.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2006

This doctor kept telling the patient that he was fine. This patient died of cancer within a year. What kind of oncologist doesn't treat or recognize such a blatant cancer patient?

flag | Submitted May 16, 2006

Dr. John A. Ellerton's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1974)

Delta Dental