Ratings for Dr. Joshua H. Mandelberg

Dr. Mandelberg has been amazing to work with!!! He is compassionate and insightful. He instantly made friends with our son:-) We are happy to have him on our team!!! Just a lovely person!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr Mandelberg has been a great doctor for my son. He has been so helpful in our journey since my son was diagnosed with autism. He always replies to my questions in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Josh is truly a Godsend. Realizing you have a child with special needs is a very emotional, uncertain and scary time but Dr. Josh’s kindness, intelligence, knowledge, and attentiveness helped calm our feasr. Instead of giving our son a basic assessment and blanket diagnosis he took the time to interview our son’s speech therapist, occupational therapist, behavioral therapist and teachers. He also assessed and visited our son at school. He got to the underlying issue of our son’s delay and presented a thorough report with excellent resources to get our son up to speed. Dr. Josh is extremely well known well respected in the community so he was also able to get our son spots in various programs that are nearly impossible to get in. He is an excellent resource with impeccable bedside manner who always makes himself available to his patients. I really can’t say enough positive things about him. I work in the medical field so I visit many Physicians day in and day out and Dr. Josh is by far the BEST.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

We are extremely happy with Dr Mandelberg's office and his team. They are all very knowledgeable, extremely nice and accommodating. Dr Josh diagned my son with ASD when he was 2yrs and 4 months, he is very insightful and knowledgeable, calls me back within a day if I have any urgent questions and responds to all my emails in a timely manner. I feel like I have a great advocate for my child's needs and, in a situation where it is difficult to get a great advice, I trust Dr Mandelberg’s recommendation on any subject related to my son’s condition. I have already recommended him to anybody who might benefit from his services. We are extremely happy with everything, if he was working with insurance we probably be even more happy but otherwise his entire team is wonderful and we feel very lucky to have the opportunity to be in his care.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Josh is the best. My daughter is adopted. I was her fourth placement. She came with very little background information. Sorting through to diagnose her strengths, weaknesses and special problem areas has been like unwrapping a very tightly sealed, multiple-layered present. Dr. Mandelberg has been incredibly insightful and patient as we have all gone on this journey together. Most recently, she has become the best version of herself that I could have imagined. Unlikely that she will achieve "complete angel status" anytime soon. But she's happy, more confident, get in trouble less - and has a better understanding of her world and her challenges. Kate, in fact and by necessity, has several excellent doctors and therapists. But Dr. Josh is the one that was able to weave all the various components and diagnosis together to assemble a "whole kid" strategy. The results are amazing.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I call him 'The Doctor that beat Autism' for his amazing work with my daughter! When we first came to see him, we had so many issues and concerns, but she has shown so much progress under his guidance and recommendations. His diagnosis' and his ability to read her and her needs were uncanny - Dr. Mandelberg is fantastic in every way.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

As a mental health therapist I'm extremely picky about whom I select for my children. Dr. Mandelberg was one of the best choices I made in my son's life. At every visit he was patient, kind, and knowledgeable. I really appreciated how much time he took with us, explaining every area he saw and tested. Obviously this is an anxiety-filled process but Dr. Mandelberg was gentle throughout the whole process. My husband and I both felt he "got" it. I wish every provider was as sweet and accessible as Dr. Mandelberg. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Mandelberg has been a godsend to our family. We have two kids with developmental delays and he has been with us since our first child was diagnosed with autism. He is a wonderful specialist with a great bedside manner. We found his assessments to be pretty accurate and insightful. We appreciate the level of detail that goes into each assessment. His office will interview teachers, therapists and anyone working with the child to get a better understanding of their condition, and tests the child to identify developmental age and areas where the child needs support. He has been our best advocate and we've recommend him to other parents with special needs children as well as parents who suspect their child needs help and are seeking answers.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Joshua is very experienced and talented and is great at what he does. We always feel very comfortable with him through the whole experience - consult, scheduling appointment, follow-ups. He is very kind, professional and is attentive to my child's needs and wants. He cares about his patients and shows concern. I am extremely happy and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

We saw Dr. Josh when our son was experiencing behavioral issues in preschool. After seeing many child psychologists who told us that he would outgrow these behaviors, we got the appropriate diagnosis and plan of action from Dr. Josh. We wasted time and money before Dr. Josh set us on the right course of action with all the best therapists and supports. Our child is thriving because Dr. Josh is so comprehensive and specific on what the actual need of your child is. He is always there for the parents too, guiding us through the anxiety and questions we have in this process, always with patience and kindness.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Dr. Joshua H. Mandelberg's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Francisco, Sch Of Med, San Francisco Ca 94143 (Grad. 2000)