Ratings for Dr. Bhuvaneswari Nallamothu

Not very helpful. Rude doctor. Made things worse for me instead of helping.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

It took 5 months to get in to see this doctor. I have been very well managed on my prescription for years and she cuts my medication in half and didn't tell me ,then I call to try to get it straightened out and they said they would call me back but never call. Then Im trying to stretch my meds and they call and move my appointment back 2 weeks. It's clear that she doesn't care about me. And many of the other reviews reflect the same sentiments.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I went in to see this very arrogant even as far as psychiatrists go, i've seen a few over the years and most evaluate you for 5 mns give you usually multiple scripts and on your way. I must have been that "type" of person she isnt fond of. I was dressed nicer than most other of the patients packed in all waiting to see her because she was hour late. I was referred by my PCP and insurance said ok to see her and give her, her 10yrs tax free check,(sounds like she just arrived from Delhi.(matter of fact) I broke my back a month before so i was on a couple pain killers and was there to see her for my adult a.d.d. med, thats it. After 10 mins of suspicious questioning, not just how are you and psych stuff but, are u a druggie, are your family members druggies over and over. Finally after waiting because she was late, by admission of her own secretary happens often than not, and getting the 10 th degree treatment she says i can not prescribe you adderall,. I've taken this med since i was 12 and 20+years later and im sure at least 100's of 6-7 yr olds were prescribed by her the same drug that they will run into the same stigma down the road from when they have to m,ove out of state start over and not get med that you just dont stop taking after that many years. Her reasoning being she didnt put me on i!! w.t. heck seriously! If that were the case in drs practice where would we be\\\\ Not happy not do i respect this hypocritical slop doc. Shame on u as if i werent having a rough enough time as it was. thanks so much you will be a pig as in animal in the next life,

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Always chaos when attempting to schedule an appointment over the phone - constantly transferred to other departments calls frequently dropped by incompetent receptionists. Often have to wait at least an hour for appointments when they are scheduled. Doctor is pleasant and helpful when you finally get to see her, but overall just a lot of trouble and bad service. Also, credit card machine is down most of the time

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Very nice and compassionate. She always returns phone calls. Knowledgeable in prescribing the correct medications. But, there are usually long waits in the waiting area.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

She is very helpful and listens very well to my issues and prescribes me adequate medicines for my anxiety and has worked with me to find the right antipsychotic for me.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

As a new patient referred to her by an inpatient clinic, I was requested to arrive 20 minutes early for registration and paperwork. I arrived at 11:50 and completed the paperwork by the appointed time of 12:10. The paperwork included a fee schedule to include: $65 for missed appointments, $30 for medical records, and $50 for "letter writing." By 12:40 I was still in the waiting room. I retrieved my paperwork from the receptionist, explaining that that degree of tardiness was unacceptable. The receptionist told me that Nallamothu was backed up because she "got a late start this morning." Obviously there is no respect for the patients and the inclusion of such exorbitant fees is simply ridiculous. I would advise anyone to avoid Dr Nallamothu and Inland Psychiatric Medical Group. It is simply not worth the aggravation and there are certainly better providers available.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

If you have a panic disorder, steer clear of her. On my very 1st appt she wanted me to dead stop my Xanax and try something different. Anyone who knows about bentos is you can't dead stop or you can die.ive been taking my MEDS for years and she does not listen to the patient, I had my husband sit in on the appt and he could not believe how little she knows about severe panic disorder. I feel betrayed as I told her very personal things. She also has no bedside manner so to speak, steer clear of her, she don't listen and hear the patient and never, never should anyone dead stop a benzo. Very foreign beliefs, very un-educated on severe panic disorder. I've lived with this issue over twenty years and know a lot about my own condition, very rude manner, very snob apple. Steer clear at all costs!!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013