You may also like

Rate Dr. Jan K. Cornelius

Dr. Jan K. Cornelius's Ratings

A horrible ordeal that ruined my child's smile for life. At the "consult" I asked repeatedly about the procedure - I was handed a brochure about periodontal disease (my 10 year old was there due to braces pinching her gum tissue). The "consult" is to tell one how much money they must come up with for the procedure. Then I was charge $94 to tell me the cost; had to pay $500 to SET an appointment - then told there is a $500 cancellation charge.

The appt was on Thursday. Wednesday night after work, I had a message to call them- they needed to send in 2 prescriptions and want the pharmacy I use. Thankfully, I was home at a reasonable time or I would not have had the prescription to start that night. When I got the the pharmacy, there were 3 prescriptions (had no idea what to do with the 3rd and had to get help at the drug store).

After the procedure, there was a guard over the area, so we did not see the surgery until the day before the follow-up appt. When I finally saw the work done, I was shocked. The two teeth worked on have no gum tissue and my child now looks like a rodent with abnormally long front teeth surrounded by normal exposed teeth.

We went to the follow-up the next day. We were told they were 20 minutes behind. When shown to the room, the check-in person asked if we were happy with the results. I said no - and I wanted to discuss the problem with the over-exposed teeth. We waited an hour and finally left without seeing anyone. As we walked out from the back of the office, we did not encounter a single person. It was like everyone went home and forgot we were still there. I thought I would receive a call to reset the appt - nothing. There is no care - they have their money. So my child is left with grossly long teeth in the front of her face. My only hope is that her orthodontist can help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2015

Referral to Dr. Cornelius from Mcilwain Family Dentistry. Her training seems to be great, but due to the continuous change of office staff, Dr. Cornelius seems to be managing surgery (my experience) and the billing/front desk. I prefer for my doc to be focused on me and not who's paying what when and showing up late, because she admitted that she was at a Chamber of Commerce meeting and trying out for the Dr. Oz Show.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

My Experience with the Doctor and Staff has always been 5 Stars. Every step of the way was professional and helpful. I myself have full confidence her and the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

My experience in this office was awful! I was lied to from the time I called to make my initial appointment.I was told that my insurance was accepted when in reality it was not! You are expected to pay out of pocket then according to Dr. Cornelius staff the claims are sent in for review! I waited in the exam room for over one hour! The staff members were very sorry for my wait. The Dr. came in to ask irrelevant questions that had nothing to do with my dental situation. The prices were inflated! My family deserves to be with a dentist that truly cares not someone that sees dollar signs as soon as walk in to the office!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][244600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

I was called ten minutes before my appointment to be told that my insurance is not accepted- even though I called a week prior and asked when I scheduled my appointment. I left my family vacation early and drove one hour to be highly inconvenienced. I thought that going to a smaller, independent dental office meant organized customer service, but this was not the case. Staff member was sincerely sorry about not calling me sooner. I was asked to be seen still for my cleaning at the doctor's expense but I was told I still had to pay out of pocket.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2012

had 2 implant surgeries , she failed both times. now i have to have it done a 3rd time, very under qualified do not reccomnd her at all... !! lots of very horrrible experiances , pain, staff under educated, hires students , charges top dollar, put the wrong rod in, second time put the rod in front of the bone not in it! tried to put me out with gas, left me .. came back to begin realized no gas had been administered! tank empty. had to het novicane to handle her exams.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

The Best caring office and staff. I really felt loved!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244597].votes_count ]]