Ratings for Dr. Stanley P. Evans

I don't remember much these days, but I do remember Dr. Evans. My name is John Minichini, and I was about 10-years-old when Dr. Evans, located at 74-09 The Brunsen (sic?) Building in Jackson Heights, Queens, took care of me. Every week, my mother would take me to his office and Dr. Evans, after a few playful jabs to my stomach to relax me, would put me through the weekly regimen of eye exercises. "Kid," I was always "kid." Dr. Evans knew how to make me comfortable as I went through weekly eye exercises to somewhat correct my strabismic (is that the proper form of that word here?) vision. This,of course, led the kids at school to tease me a little less about my "cross-eys." Well, I'm 50 now and, even though my eyes aren't as "straight" as they should be, they have provided me with the "vision" and "insight" to lead a productive life. Thank you so much. John Minichini. My e-mail address is jjdm@optonline.net Oh, I like the "opt" part; very fitting!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013