Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Cairns

With 2 positive Lyme tests in hand, he opened by *declaring* that I don't have Lyme. No time was taken to discuss my medical history or long list of symptoms that had me referred to his office to begin with. He never addressed 1 potential alternative diagnosis, or further testing. When pressed @ whether he specialized in Lyme Disease (I found nothing to that effect in his bio), rather than offering straightforward answers regarding his credentials (e.g., I have accreditation from X Institute specializing in Lyme or Vector Borne Illness, I have X yrs of expertise, I was on this board or that), he just paused & replied EXACTLY like this. "Oh, suuure." That was his *entire* response to my query. We left his office completely bewildered, summarily dismissed, and no closer to ANY answers or even a potential alternative diagnosis or course of treatment. To say that I would not recommend Dr Michael Cairns grossly underestimates just how poor my husband's & my experience with him truly was.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Knows nothing about Lyme Disease. Like many other ID docs, treats Lyme as if it is 1st grade math. Declared me to not have Lyme based upon a labcorp western blot which is junk medicine. An Igenex western blot said otherwise. Dr. Cairns may be very capable with HIV, but he is in the dark ages on Lyme.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

Like others Dr Cairns has taken care of me for years. He is always so patient with me. He has seen me through some serious health issues over the years. He's just the best all around.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Dr. Cairns has treated me for years. As others have said, he never rushes you through an appointment and is very happy to answer my questions. He has an excellent bedside manner whether it's treatment during hospitalization or just a check-up in his office. I can't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Cairns is the best doctor I have been to. I am never "rushed" through an appointment, as he takes the time to listen to any and all problems. Very personable with a great sense of humor. All of this is a huge plus in this day and age!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

This is a great doctor. I've seen him for many years and he always takes the best care of me.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Staff was very helpful and Dr Cairns took the time to understand my issue without cutting right to the diagnosis. He made sure he understood all symptoms and concerns before beginning a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007

Very caring and kind doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. He takes the time to research your information before talking with you.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

Very good doctor. Very courteous, professional and he has a good bedside manner. He's also very kind and good at explaning information and he's also very up to date on the latest HIV information/treatments.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2006

Dr. Michael R. Cairns's Credentials

• French

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1981)

HealthFirst

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=29092'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.1

March 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=29092'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014