Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Keeney

The worst of the worst. He preys on people to take their money. I believe this man is a scam artist who deserves to be in jail for malpractice.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Do not go here! They were pushy to make an appointment after I ran into them at the Amish market in hanover. Muriel called and I made an appointment after her relentless approach...She tried to get me to go sooner and I had to tell her no multiple times. Once I arrived, I realized the office was horribly uncomfortable. Needs major updating and has a bad odor. My allergies started up instantly. I decided to stay, thinking the appt would be quick. The receptionist didn't me and sent the doctors assistant to get me. They walked me through a narrow, scary patient area to a video area. I was seated and asked to watch a quick Visio that lasted over 30 mins. There is a small two way mirror that you are watched from also. I don't know why I stayed at this point. After the half hour video, we walked through the patient area...this area is just a narrow hallway with painted pipes holding 30 year old hospital curtains. Being each curtain is a different apparatus that is equally outdated. It looks like they would be performing experiments on people, not keeping them. At this point, I had been there almost and hour and asked how much longer. They avoided the answer and asked me more of the same questions. At this point they were trying to convince me that I was in pain and that the doctor would be able to help me. I felt they were were very advisers and aggressive...They were also brushing over my questions and would give me a real answer. They told me to get into the gown for the exam and my infant son began crying because he was now awake and hungry. I again asked how long and they said the doctor would be right there. I put the gown on and a co-worker that I ran into in the waiting room knocked on my door. She told me there would be at least another 2 hours to go so I freaked out. I told her I was leaving. I left the door open and the lady and assistant doctor showed up. I told them I had to go, this want what I expected and I couldn't stay. They were trying to get me to reschedule immediately and pay for the exam I hadn't gotten. I told them no, I would call to reschedule. I insisted I had to leave and they wouldn't leave my room. I started changing my clothes in front of them which made them close the door. After that they let me leave without much more fuss. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a doctor's office,nothave i ever seen such a creepy office. They won't tell you if tore insurance is accepted, they are adhesive with appointments, and are not honest and straight forward about why you are there. I think they want your money and could care less about the patient. The lady will tell you anything to make you feel like this is the place for you. She kind of reminds me of the nurse on the tv show wayward pines. Creepy as f#ck. Don't go here!!! Im so glad I left when I did...wonder if they will bill me for wearing the gown?!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I was in extreme pain when I met Muriel at a flea market. I was impressed with her demeanor and thoughtfulness. She explained that an initial consultation would be $20.00. Heck, I spend that in a bar..So I went..waited...waited, than I was walked back to the TV room..oye..watched the video..bizarre..but made sense (what did I know). then the exam..of course things hurt and are bad..then the sell.......I was in extreme pain..I went for it. $540.00...I was then introduced to a Dr Horgash (sp?) ..With assistance from Keeny, he then did some popping and pushing...I will not lie..the sharp pain and sciatica disappeared...so, I was set up for 3 quick visits for my "treatment". I went..it was the same..pop a vertebrae, electro massage and then a heatlamp to the back. Then the big sell...I explained I was not in a situation to make anymore financial decisions. Then Keeny decided to tell me that I was never going to make good decisions..blah blah blah..berated me..To be honest, had they approached me from a non-forceful direction, I may still be going.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

AVOID! I wish I would have found this website before I went to Keeney Chiropractic. All of the comments below are true and they haven't changed their practice. The painful video you have to sit through, the wait, the fees, the x-rays.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Please avoid this practice. I have health care experience and got suckered at the mall to come in and give them a try. It is a very scary office. Not to mention. The rediculous video they make you watch. It's more like a video you would watch in school not one to watch for pre-care. It is a huge money scam and they try to scare you into believing you won't be able to walk if they don't help you. I know what my insurance pays and doesn't pay and they came back with a 2000.00 bill on what my treatments will cost. I couldn't run fast enough out of that office. I am not sure how they are still in business because that is the creepiest dr I have met.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

My minimal experience was exactly as the other comments have revealed. The office alone is a scary place. One of my biggest concerns was whether or not they would accept my insurance. When Franz was asked if they did, he stated he has to call and check. Upon seating me for the video, I still had no answer!! After being directed to the very back of the building, I was told to watch a video. I was uncomfortable upon entering the building and it only proceeded to get worse. I decided I had had enough. I walked back to the front desk. I requested the return of all my paperwork. After all, I had only sat in the waiting room and watched a short portion of a video. I had not even been examined by anyone. They refused to return my paperwork, stating they HAD to keep it because I had been to their office. Not to mention, I had previously paid $20 for the visit when I was scammed to make the appointment, Franz tried to get me to pay another $20. When I stated I had already paid, that is when he confirmed, he already knew I had paid???? They did not return my paperwork, only the copy of my insurance card and did not return my $20 for the office visit. Franz argued with me and was extremely defensive. So sorry I was so naive and trusted this office without prior research. They're false show of concern completely snowed me. I truly believed I was going to truly be helped. I left shaken and discouraged.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

This doctor uses scare tactics beyond belief. My first visit was as everyone else has described, long waiting followed by a long horrible video, followed by more waiting and questionaires, the whole environment was like something out of a Hitchcock movie, lots of mind play to try to make it seem like they are trying to help, that if you don't do it you are a bad person that doesn't want what's best for yourself. I finally made it back to the actual doctor who felt my back and told me I had 9 ribs out and that I could go home painfree if I signed up for his 4 day trial ($500). I should have known better, but when you are being told that your pain can magically go away that moment....well. I thought the assistant doctor was going to break my back, there was such force that I was left shaking. To add, I was in more pain, the following few days...which they then told me was normal after coaxing me with pain free promises. The 4th visit was unreal! I was brought into the doctors office first for him to tell me how 'horrible' my back was, that he was the ONLY doctor that could make it better, that he could also fix my other health issues. When I said I would like to go home and think about it they pressed more and more...3 1/2 hours, they had me pinned in his office, his wife on one side and he on the other. They begged me to have my husband come in so they could guilt him into making me sign. After 3 hours, I could tell the doctor was getting pissed that I wouldn't sign the papers. It was filled with, no one else can help, don't you want to feel better, doesn't your husband want you to feel better. They wanted me to give them $5500 for a treatment that was 12 weeks long, all while telling me that it would take a year and 1/2 to fix me. Not to mention they told me that my insurance didn't cover chiropractic, which I found out does, just not with them. They are crooks, I can't believe they are still in business.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Had to wait over 4 hours after work even telling them numerous times I need to leave to see my 5 children since I work during the day. They moved me to 8 rooms and told me I had major spine issues.....I run daily and play tennis too. Very scary place. I was in tears I just wanted to leave but they had me in a gown waiting for hours. Did not care of my family time. Professionalist out the window.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I had right foot pain for 8 years. They got me at Hanover Mall to come to their office for 8 months in 2012 .Dr. Keeney swore that he was the only Dr. that could help me . He said that the problem was not my foot-it was the nerves and discs in my lower back causing my foot pain. He told me if did not receive treatment with them I would be in a wheelchair. He put me on light duty unnecessarily and almost lost my job. Nothing this place did helped my condition. I steadily got worse even though I was going 4 times a week , spending money outrageously! 50 miles per day. I have complaints concerning Franz,the office manager, leaving me on traction at least twice and not coming back to take me off. I yelled for help, Dr. H. finally helped me.I am recovering 1 month from foot surgery due to severe arthritis . DR. KEENEY IT WAS MY FOOT DEFINITELY NOT MY BACK !!! My foot surgery says it all.FINALLY FEELING BETTER THANKS TO FOOT SURGERY! VERY MISDIAGNOSED

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014