Ratings for Dr. Melissa L. Knuckles

I've only been to the Corbin office. The wait time is 2-4 hrs. Other patients were complaining of their wait, asking if they'd been forgotten. Waiting room has church pews & u are nearly stacked on 1 another. U must pay for all services up front. If she does an unexpected procedure while you are being seen (suspicious areas removed/biopsies/etc) u are expected to pay that addt'l copay before u leave. She seems experienced & gives a caring "impression" but talks/proceeds so extremely fast that it is difficult to retain anything said. Just did not feel like a professional environment....especially when you compare your personal experience with the perception given when you read about her on her website. In all of my visits, she is out the door before you know it. I believe I was overcharged on copay & will follow up with my ins carrier to verify. I personally know of numerous former patients that have verified being overcharged. I have no intentions of going back.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I TAKE MY MOTHER TO SEE DR. KNUCKLES FOR OVER 5YRS. MOM HAS SKIN CANCER. I CAN NEVER GET THE SAME DIAGNOSIS FROM VISIT TO VISIT. DR SEEMS TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE .WAITED OVER 2HRS WITH AN APPT ALMOST EVERY VISIT EXCEPT TWO (1 1/2 HRS).WHEN MOM IS CALLED BACK , THEY WALK OFF FROM HER AND DIDN'T TELL HER WHICH EXAM ROOM ETC. THEN, DR. IS IN AND OUT IN LESS THAT 5 MINS. IF I WASNT WITH MOM, SHE WOULD NOT HAVE A CLUE (MAYBE EVEN NOT TREATED). ITS ALWAYS A CONFUSING FAST PACE THERE. FRONT OFFICE IS THE WORST!! THEY CHARGED MOM A COPAY THAT WAS INCORRECT. I SPOKE UP AND SAID SHE DOESN'T OWE A COPAY ON THIS INSURANCE WELL YOU THINK I STOLE THEIR MERCEDES. I JUST PAID THE FEE AND CONTACTED THE APPROPRIATE OFFICES REGARDING THIS. I WAS SHOCKED THAT THE BILL MGR WAS SO RUDE AND DID NOT FOLLOW THRU. IF IT WERE LEFT UP TO ME, I WOULD NOT GO THERE AND THEIR ARE NO OTHERS WITHIN 1 1/2 AWAY.THEY MUST BOOK AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE PER APPT. MAYBE THE WAIT TIME WOULD BE LONGER THAN THE EXTRA DRIVE TIME. OH WELL.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Inflated billing practices and aggressive billing tactics for any balance owed after insurance pays. ZERO option for a payment plan. Bills for "multiple procedures" if removing more than one mole per appointment. Long wait times in the office, I was seen 2 hours after my scheduled appointment time and then rushed back out once I was finally taken back.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr was very 'hands on' and straight and to the point. I would go back to see her.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Wife and daughter visited in 2009 and asked for earliest appt. - both times waited 1 hour+, observed 3-4 people were booked at same time. Doctor heavily festooned in gold jewelry. By coincidence this year I made appt. with same Dr. and cancelled when they would not give me a straight answer on accepting my insurance or not.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

The staff there were extremely rude, and I had to wait forever to be seen!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

DR. KNUCKLES WAS VERY HELPFUL WITH THE SKIN CONDITION I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT. I HAD A KELOID SCAR AND SHE KNEW EXACTLY HOW TO TREAT THIS TYPE OF SCAR. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS AND I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Very unprofessional and very rough removing stiches.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

One of the best dermatologists I've seen (including Lexington). I would see her more often because my body produces basel cell cancers, but the 1.5 or 2 hour wait in a tiny waiting area is unbearable.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

On my first visit this doctor was not very friendly. I decided to give her another try a couple years later and she was very unprofessional with her jokes about me. I was embarrassed to even go back again. I do not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Melissa L. Knuckles's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Amerigroup