Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Klein

I'm not sure if this is the dad or the son, but what a boob! I went with serious back problems, he came recommended by my two doctors, GP and Pain Specialist. Going to this practice was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I was operated on twice. both surgeries failed. You could say it's my person; no - it was the surgeon. Surgery 1, the screws put in my lumbar loosened & they needed to be repaired. Never heard of that before, especially within 10 months, I certainly had nothing to do with that. The first surgery he chose a doctor in the area who came without any mention of who he was or what his specialty was. I had everything set up, his office made every arrangement, well except for one; THERE WAS NO PRE-OPERATIVE TESTING DONE, THE STAFF, YES - HIS OFFICE, FORGOT TO ORDER IT! I was in my gown, had the IV in, was fully garbed, head capped & ready to go into the OR, when the anesthesiologist refused to operate because of the mistake. Dr. Kline was willing to do the surgery, only the anesthesiologist seemed to find it a problem. I had to leave, still without any pre-op done, (I was in the hospital, couldn't they have done some of it?) only to endure weeks of cancellations before the surgery was finally performed, (oh, & did mention, endured pain during the wait?) With continued persistent pain, I was redirected to my Pain Management Dr. I had numerous injections and finally the pain dr performed a discectomy for the level above the originally fused lumbar and sadly, this also failed. After all types of scans, CAT, Myelogram & MRI's it was revealed that the screws were loosened & the surgery had to be redone, with another level attached to it. SO! Here I am 10 months later needing a second surgery. I made sure that: 1) the pre-admission testing was scheduled, and completed; 2) I knew who the assisting surgeon was and 3) made sure that he accepted my insurances, (I have both private insurance & medicare). Both surgeons had a 'Susan" who handled their billing & I was assured he participated & would accept assignment. There are enough doctors in this area to choose from, I don't know how to say it more clearly. Well, not only did THAT surgery also fail but I came away with a $25,000.00 bill from the assisting surgeon. He did not participate in ANY insurance plans. SURPRISE! Trying to explain to both of the Susans was a disaster. (note I still owe the other doctor & he has a greater chance of watching me scratch my bum in Macys window than being paid!) Unfortunately I still had pain, severe pain, unable to walk pain & was redirected to the Pain Management team. Kleins' took x-rays every time I walked in that office! The pain management began with a series of injections & again, performed a discectomy on the level above, to have it fail, also. Having the x-rays in hand I went to a family friend: a chiropractor who reviewed them. It was BEYONE OBVIOUS that the screws that were used were completely through the vertebrae at all levels, (three by now!) and touching the spinal cord. THAT was what the pain was emanating from. I WAS FINISHED! I went into NYC, the HSS and the doctor told me that due to slight bladder leakage issues, I had to have these surgeries reversed & again and if I delayed, the need for diapers would be imminent. At 40 something, that was not an option. I had the surgeries & a total of 5 lumbar had to be fused to repair all of the damage done by Dr. Klein & his merry men. The Dr in NYC completely resolved the issues which Dr, (term loosely used) Klein no doubt created by shoddy work. It has been several years & I have not had any additional issues with the repairs my NYC Md had to do. No diapers, can walk, no additional need for Pain Management; everything a girl could dream of; in my life. AVOID THIS DOCTOR, HIS FATHER (OR THE SON) AND IT APPEARS THE REST OF THE COCONUT TREE! I was made to think I was crazy, there was no reason for the pain... I know my body. Evidentially Dr. Klein did not know any body.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I don't know if I saw this clown or his partner. His direct quote of" I don't care as long as its not broken." says it all. His cell phone rang which he checked. I could hear him discussing another patient by name outside my door. He had absolutely no compassion or interest since it was obvious he wouldn't be doing surgery on me. He fogot that I'm paying him. I'm the boss & he's no God. Don't bother with him or his practice since theyt all work together.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr. Richard A. Klein's Credentials

• Portuguese

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2003)

Top Urgent Care Centers in East Brunswick, NJ