Ratings for Dr. Marvin Im

I started see seeing Dr Im after our last primary care doctor unexpectedly left his practice without any notice, and then disaapeared. We had been through this once before, and was hoping not to go thru it again! About a yr after starting with Dr Im, one of my two specialists died, Dr Im took over prescribing for him since I'd seen him for 10+ years. Dr Im wasn't as empathetic as I would have liked, but not everyone is warm and fuzzy. A year later Dr Im left his practice very unexpectedly, and the doctors at Ohio Health were THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!! They had a "floater" see his patients - because, by law, they are required to see you for 30 days, but that doesn't mean they will give good care! The doctor I saw, Beena Ijaz, WHO WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST doctor I have ever seen in my life! She refused to refill ANY of my Rx's, even though discontinuation of some of them would result in critical problems with regard to my health! . My husband and I spoke with the office manager who was not helpful, instead she cut down Dr Im with disparaging remarks. Altogether a horrible experience! Shortly after tha, my other specialist died very unexpectedly of a stroke - which was a great loss because I'd seen him for 10 years. At this point, after looking for a new doctor for almost a year I'm just so fed up with the healthcare system. This is NOT a Dr Im issue, these are problems brought about by governments regulations. Doctors cannot practice medicine they way it's intended. Instead of "First Do No Harm", it's first cover your ass! they're so busy looking over their shoulder, due to no fault of their own, that it's the patient who suffers. FIRST OF ALL, DON'T GO TO OHIO HEALTH! They are not putting patients first - they are a big corporation, only interested in doing the very minimum, while covering their asses. Their doctors don't have the ability to freely practice. And this is going to become the standard of care unless people fight all these bullshit regulations through the government. The regulations placed on doctors by the DEA and FDA have tied doctors hands. Not to mention all the insane paperwork and overhead from third party billing! So, if you want to be mad, at least recognize where the REAL problem lies! Dr Im is not as warm and fuzzy as I like in a doctor, but my standards are really high, and he's only human. You're not going to click with every doctor you see, but I do think he's doing the best he can. I don't like that he just up and left his practice, but he didn't want to practice the way OHIO HEALTH is making their doctors practice - and I couldn't be more in agreement with him on that! I know he's back - but I think I'll try alternative medicine. I'm really tired of all the bullshit of our western medical system. Trust me, it will all be socialist before you know what hit you!

Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr Im really helped me with digestive issues when 4 other Dr's could not! Thank you for leaving the information below.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

For any one interested in knowing where Dr. Im's new practice location is, I have good news for you. Grab a pen and paper...After Dr. Im left, the care I received was way below standards. I felt rushed and the staff was very unfriendly. Im at the practice for my last visit. Im told that they are not keeping any of Dr. Im's patience. I thought to me self so be it because i was in the process of finding a new doctor any way. I was handed the address of his new practice. Here is the address: 6880 Perimeter Drive Dublin, Ohio 43016 Phone number: 614-764-5600.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Several members of my family and I have been seeing Dr Im for about 10 or more years. We have even referred many of our friends to him. We are all very, very pleased with his abilities as a doctor. Never have I ever felt uncomfortable in my interaction with him. As a matter of fact when going through a painful divorce, he showed genuine concern regarding my taking proper care of myself as I was obviously not at that time. Being the good doctor he is, he helped me get back on track. Being a woman of color, I am shocked that anyone of color would feel he was disrespectful or did not care about them. Because so many of our family and friends (many of us are of color) have been patients of Dr Im, speaks to the fact that we are all very comfortable with him. I do hope he resumes practice very soon, as we have all been talking and we truly miss him and his excellent care. I would recommend him to anybody looking for a good primary care physician.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Im was my doctor. I left my previous dr to join him. He helped me a great deal with my back pain. He is a very compassionate doctor, but after he left, the service I received was not good. I have decided not to go back to that facility again. Please let us know where he is now.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

He left so abruptly and the other doctors did refer me to another pain care specialist, however they rushed to get me out of the office. I liked dr Im he was nice and very helpful towards my health care. He was a very kind man I would go to home in a minute if I knew where he was locally

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Marvin Im is the best Dr I have ever worked with. He changed my life with his compassionate way of listening and getting to the core of any medical problem. So sad that he has left the Westerville Center, after he left Westerville Primary care treated his patients like horribly. I have referred so many of my own personal clients to him and the feed back was all the same about the way we were all treated. I completely recommend Dr. Im but not Westerville Primary care - Dr. Im if you are reading this review PLEASE let us all know where you are now.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Im was the best primary doctor I have ever had in my 42 years. I don't know why he left the Ohio health practice but I hope he opens or finds a new one soon. I was right in the middle of scheduling surgery and pain management and I had to change insurance so I am starting all over

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Love Dr Im, been long term patient. Finally got my thyroid and blood pressure regulated and now he's gone! :( Hoping to find new practice hate to start over again after 10+ years!! Ohio Health very rude when you call.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

He is withot a doubt the best dr. I have evrt seen. Like many of you I hope to find his new practice. I do not want to find another Dr. There are no other Dr. Like Dr. Im.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Marvin Im's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)