Ratings for Dr. Gretchen A. Schmutz

I have been seeing Dr. Schmutz for several years now. She was able to help me through a very bad stretch of depression. For that I'm extremely grateful. We now continue to work with some of my issues. She knows me very well and uses that knowledge to help me work through experiences. I would recommend her to anyone seeking professional help with some caring empathy.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Gretchen is a terrific doctor. She is knowledgeable, wise and patient. She wants you to succeed and it shows. If you are looking to really go to the core of your issues and learn to overcome them, she is the one for you. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is battling any level of depression or other mental illness. With her help, I learned how to understand and overcome my depression. The tools and the life that she helped me regain are incredible gifts and for that I am truly grateful.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I found her manner appalling, without a shred of empathy. Felt as if I were in court and she was the prosecutor. Being intelligent and insightful is only half of the equation. Meeting her was the worst experience I've ever had interviewing possible therapists.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Schmutz is not an MD. Based on my experience she has a unique point of view that may not be beneficial to her clients.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr. Schmutz is possibly the most insightful PsyD in the Midwest. It is very apparent that she graduated from a prestigious university, and earned a PsyD from one of the most cutting edge, highly regarded PsyD programs in the country. Dr. Schmutz worked with our teenage daughter, and fostered our daughter's resilience and cultivated her self esteem. After working with Dr. Schmutz she is thriving. Dr. Schmutz also had a profound impact on our family. She took risks, and worked beyond conventional boundaries. We are so grateful for what she did. I do not doubt that when our daughter attains majority she will reflect on her experience with Dr. Schmutz, and realize that no clinician could had such an impact. Dr. Schmutz was especially supportive of both my wife and I. She never rushed to judgement and all of her conclusions were based on scientific rationales and principles. We miss working with her!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Dr.Schmutz has a way of understanding people that is exceptional. Her warm and caring approach is well matched by her insight and thoughtfulness. There are very few people or therapists who can help you feel as accepted and understood as she can. She is great at understanding complex situations and problems. I would recommend her to my family and friends highly. An ethical and thoughtful clinician. Two thumbs up!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Warm, caring, extremely intellectually astute. I have been in other therapy, and none of the therapists were as gifted and as empathic as Dr. Schmutz.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Schmutz is highly knowledgeable and extremely helpful. She was able to pinpoint my difficulties and then help me overcome them. She is a very compassionate person as well. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Well intentioned: but has a totally deleterious impact. Do yourself a favor: keep looking for a practioner.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

She is the best doctor. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010