Ratings for Dr. Emil Chynn

Dr. Chynn has saved my eyes and my life. Due to my bad vision I had a very low self-esteem. As a ballet dancer I had to wear glasses for practice and wore nothing going on a stage, back in 80s contacts were not available in Eastern Europe. After I had arrived in states in 2010, I was very determined to fix my eyes. I was -10, also I had a lazy eye , astigmatism and some weird problem with my retina. Needles to say my mental state was horrible and I was quite depressed. I saw couple doctors in Manhattan and each time heard how, "nothing we can do; your vision is pretty bad, we would have to do 4(!!!!) stages procedure." I was fortunate not to receive 10k from Bank for financing the surgery. I put my problem on hold . One day after work , I accidentally have walked in Park Avenue Lasek center , saw a big poster outside with a doggy, as a pup lover I could not to stop . Anyways , 5 years later I am the healthiest and happiest woman!! My eyes are 20/20. I drive without any glasses or contacts . I completely forgot how miserable it used to be always worrying for my contacts and thinking that one day I would go blind. Dr. Chynn did a non cut procedure that literally lasted 15 min for both eyes !!!!!!) my mom came from Europe to take care of me after the procedure. Guys. It was one time procedure , not like I was diagnosed by other doctors where they have told me it would be 4 surgeries ) and I have paid 3k on that time, which was 7k less that was estimated in other Laser centers.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I had a great experience with dr chynn. Dr chynn is very professional and even very tolerant with his employees even when they forget to follow up about patient issues and then he is on top of that . There are negative reviews where people say dr.chynn is too much on top of his employees. I don't understand that because dr chynn only goal is to make sure eye outcomes are optimal. Dr chynn is part of the Mensa society for which you have to be certified for iq over 150. Dr chynn is the most educated Lasek eye surgeon with diplomas from New York university ,Emory university, and Harvard university . Check out the park avenue Lasek website at:http://parkavenuelasek.com/

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

--------------------------------------------------

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr. Chynn at Park Avenue Lasek although I understand other people's reviews. Some people might be turned off by Dr. Chynn's personality and how he interacts with staff, but the guy is clearly brilliant as evidenced by his impressive resume (Dartmouth, Harvard, Columbia, Emory, NYU). He is a bit of a perfectionist and is always on his staff 24/7 correcting any mistakes they might make to ensure that you have a perfect visual outcome. For Dr. Chynn optimal outcomes are the most important thing, which is how it should be. For example, he came up with the ingenious idea of creating an SMS or WhatsApp group for all patients, where his entire staff and himself are in the group with the patient and any caregivers. That way, if you have any questions in your postop recovery period all you have to do is text the group, get the answer from his staff, and he can monitor the answers and add more detail if necessary (as happened with me). It’s much easier to communicate via text in this day and age than have to constantly call the doctor’s office. As a healthcare professional I recognize and appreciate the many protocols and systems that Dr. Chynn has spent extraordinary time putting into place to ensure optimal outcomes. I chose Park Ave Lasek based on recommendations from coworkers and friends who had gotten Lasek done through Dr. Chynn and they had nothing but good things to say. Note that the vast majority of negative reviews are from people who never proceeded with the surgery, which is like putting up a negative restaurant review when you didn't like the greeter so never bothered to dine there and sample the food. Ultimately what matters is the long term health of your eyes (you only have two after all and seeing is kind of important) both in regards to vision and lack of side effects. Towards that goal you want the most competent and experienced doctor you can find and Dr. Chynn fits the bill.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Great customer service. Can see really well now and it will only get better.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

4 months post op. Very happy with the result and improving daily. Amazing staff and doctors.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

It’s a good office! Can’t wait for my surgery on Thursday!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Chynn was the best decision I've ever made. I went to almost every LASIK center in NYC, but none of them could treat me vision because I had both a high prescription AND thin cornea, so they all said it would be unsafe to get LASIK. One day, a coworker who also had an extreme Rx (-15.00, which was significantly worse than my -10.00) said he got his eyes fixed with LASEK by Dr. Chynn. I googled his office and noted his very high ratings. In addition, he graduated from Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Emory, and NYU (I graduated from "just" NYU myself), and had performed over 20,000 procedures, both LASIK and PRK and LASEK. Dr. Chynn also has the RECORD OF TREATING THE WORLD'S HIGHEST RX OF -24.00 which was important to me, as I was in that "extreme" category myself. I was really excited because I started to think nobody would treat me. So went on to a Free Consultation. I learned that unlike the old LASIK where they cut the cornea, where one can potentially get hit in the eye and it can come off, this is impossible because LASEK is 100% NON-INVASIVE. They remove just the skin of the eye called the epithelium to laser your eyes. NO CUTTING THE CORNEA, NO FLAP. This is why Park Avenue LASEK can safely treat much higher Rxs than is possible with LASIK, because by skipping the flap-cutting step they have much more cornea to work with. The rest is history. Now I am seeing better I was seeing in my ugly glasses and expensive ($500/pair) custom contacts, or a perfect 20/20 (before I only saw 20/25)--all thanks to Dr. Chynn!! It was the best decision I've ever made. Plus they only charged me $1/day more than what I was spending on glasses/contacts/solutions. Dr. Chynn is available by text 24/7, so whenever I had a question, he was always there, even on weekends/evenings. He is the only laser vision correction surgeon in NYC that allows this, which was important to me, as I was pretty scared, given my extreme Rx. Bottom line: if you were told by some eye doctor that you can't have LASIK, that may be true--but it also means you should go to Dr. Chynn for a free consultation to see if LASEK might be the answer for you--as it was for me!:)

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

After researching the various Laser vision correction methods, I knew I wanted to get a non-cutting procedure because I'm a full time student who values risk benefit ratio extremely highly. I also live an active life and play a lot of sports so I didn’t want any LASIK flap dislodging so I stayed away from any LASIK centers which turns out to be nearly every other center in NYC. I chose Park Avenue LASEK since they are the ONLY ones who offered a completely NON-cutting procedure with an extremely successful track record. The fact that Dr Chynn helped invent LASEK when he was at Harvard comforted me and sealed the deal, along with the fact that he has performed 5000 LASIKS so he is a unique position to evaluate the pros and cons of both LASIK and LASEK, providing me with enough information to make a safe and informed decision. Dr. Chynn was also the only surgeon to offer his cell phone number so that I was kept in contact 24/7 in case I had any questions. I couldn’t have felt more reassured! The process went smoothly and Dr Chynn’s professionalism and knowledge kept me informed and comfortable throughout my journey. Thanks to all those at the office. The procedure itself was completely pain-free and now I’m seeing better than I’ve ever seen before even with contacts. In fact, I’m now seeing better than 20/20 thanks to everyone at Park Avenue LASEK.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Chynn is my primary eye doctor. My vision was not that good since I was a 15 years old. In 2010 I had a LASEK surgery, and it helped a lot. Now I see very well. Since then I do regular checkups with Dr. Chynn. Every time it is fast and nice experience, don’t need to wait. Every time I need to do a checkup or have a question about my eyes I stop by Dr Chynn practice - and always have the best advice. I would recommend anyone thinking about laser vision correction to see Dr. Chynn because his LASEK is NOT LASIK. LASEK is much safer because there is zero cutting involved. With LASIK there are a lot of risks involved including permanent dry eyes, poor night vision and needing glasses or contacts afterwards (which is the entire reason why you’d want to get rid of them in the first place) You should check out their website at www.ParkAvenueLASEK.com to find out more if you’ve been thinking about getting this done.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr. Emil Chynn's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1992)

Healthnet