Ratings for Dr. Emil Chynn

I did LASEK procedure two months ago. Today I received my graduation certificate to celebrate my new vision. My original vision was OD -1.5 and OS -2 with some astigmatism. Now I can see everything very clear without grasses. My new vision is even better than 20/20! I am very grad that I overcome my fears and did the procedure. Thank you Dr. Chynn and everyone who worked with me to achieve a better vision. It is a blessing!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

My name is Luis A and I a film producer who suffered with bad vision for over 30 years. I spent over 15K on glasses and contacts through out the years. I met Dr Chynn through a referral from a friend and this decision to do lasek has changed my life. Not only were Dr. Chynn's package prices reasonable, affordable, but they also take insurance and they have great deals on the medications. It is an investment on behalf of the patient, but one that I do not regret. Thanks to Dr Chynn and his wonderful staff, I am back into filming and editing and it has only been one month. The procedure is simple and quiet frankly a joke, because people get all worked up and scared, but you do not feel a thing. The post op and the after care is what really matters. You need to communicate with your partner, with Dr Chynn and his staff always. Please....please...please memorize your medication and keep your eyes closed at all times for at least 5-6 days. This is very crucial. I kept my eyes closed for over 7 days and my results were amazing. After one month I am already better then 20/30

flag | Submitted February 2, 2019

first, I was super sceptical. I did my research on this doctor and found out too much trash talking... but I don’t trust all people say , because we are all different, plus everybody has a right to think and say what he/she wants. Dr. Chynn told me my prescription was too high (-9,5 both eyes plus a lazy eye), but he garuanteed to make my eyes perfect. I did not believe but wanted to kinda feel it, took my time to talk to him. so I went home to think, because other doctors offered 4 stages procedure , and here dr. Chynn said it could be done in one shot. I liked the price , it was twice cheaper than other clinics. Plus I spoke to people who did with him surgery and they told me that he could do miracles. So, I gave it a chance. Now I see 20/20.. driving without contacts or glasses .. loving it. Yeh , horror of inconvenience of wearing those are gone forever. Frankly, I did not fall in love with Dr. Chynn ; he seemed to be strict and a bit too straight forward .. but I came to peace with that because all I wanted was to have perfectly seeing eyes; my uncle is a surgeon, and he is not a fun person .... so I don’t expect from people who do serious job run around and make me happy. My mom said that we were there not to make friends and enjoy the time taking to staff but get results. What I was looking for was a confidence of doctor in his own skills, knowledge, and guaranteed positive outcome. I hate smiling and cute doctors who resemble my fiends when sympathy me.... From doctors, I need “ this can be fixed and I give my word I will do it” , that’s is all. I am very happy I did a lasik surgery. My eyes healed quickly, I did though followed everything Dr Chynn told me to do after procedure ... so, now I have zero complains. I send my fiends to Lazer their eyes and highly recommend anyone who is interested in having excellent eyesight.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

I had my Lasek with Dr. Chynn a few months ago and I couldn't be happier with the decision. I am now better than 20/20! I really hated depending on my glasses for everyday function and I would constantly misplace them or even break them when I playing sports. Now that I don't have to rely on my glasses to see, there is so much freedom! While posting this review, I noticed some negative reviews from people who never got lasered and also from people who were going to Dr. Chynn for pink eye or something not serious, complaining about the staff not clearing their insurance before coming in. This is unfair because a doctor shouldn't receive bad reviews based on staff inefficiencies. Dr. Chynn corrects his MDs because they are in training so it is his job to do so to improve their functionality. I hope people who actually got their procedure with Dr. Chynn write reviews rather than people who never proceed, as this would be a true reflection of Dr. Chynn's expertise. I counldn't be happier with my outcome. I would recommend anyone to Dr. Chynn.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

I had my surgery two month ago. I am so happy I am seeing better than 20/20 now!! Dr. Chynn is an excellent doctor. He is very meticulous in everything he does from managing his office, training, and performing the LASEK surgeries. Thank you Dr. Chynn and staff!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Dr. Chynn has saved my eyes and my life. Due to my bad vision I had a very low self-esteem. As a ballet dancer I had to wear glasses for practice and wore nothing going on a stage, back in 80s contacts were not available in Eastern Europe. After I had arrived in states in 2010, I was very determined to fix my eyes. I was -10, also I had a lazy eye , astigmatism and some weird problem with my retina. Needles to say my mental state was horrible and I was quite depressed. I saw couple doctors in Manhattan and each time heard how, "nothing we can do; your vision is pretty bad, we would have to do 4(!!!!) stages procedure." I was fortunate not to receive 10k from Bank for financing the surgery. I put my problem on hold . One day after work , I accidentally have walked in Park Avenue Lasek center , saw a big poster outside with a doggy, as a pup lover I could not to stop . Anyways , 5 years later I am the healthiest and happiest woman!! My eyes are 20/20. I drive without any glasses or contacts . I completely forgot how miserable it used to be always worrying for my contacts and thinking that one day I would go blind. Dr. Chynn did a non cut procedure that literally lasted 15 min for both eyes !!!!!!) my mom came from Europe to take care of me after the procedure. Guys. It was one time procedure , not like I was diagnosed by other doctors where they have told me it would be 4 surgeries ) and I have paid 3k on that time, which was 7k less that was estimated in other Laser centers.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I had a great experience with dr chynn. Dr chynn is very professional and even very tolerant with his employees even when they forget to follow up about patient issues and then he is on top of that . There are negative reviews where people say dr.chynn is too much on top of his employees. I don't understand that because dr chynn only goal is to make sure eye outcomes are optimal. Dr chynn is part of the Mensa society for which you have to be certified for iq over 150. Dr chynn is the most educated Lasek eye surgeon with diplomas from New York university ,Emory university, and Harvard university . Check out the park avenue Lasek website at:http://parkavenuelasek.com/

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

--------------------------------------------------

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr. Chynn at Park Avenue Lasek although I understand other people's reviews. Some people might be turned off by Dr. Chynn's personality and how he interacts with staff, but the guy is clearly brilliant as evidenced by his impressive resume (Dartmouth, Harvard, Columbia, Emory, NYU). He is a bit of a perfectionist and is always on his staff 24/7 correcting any mistakes they might make to ensure that you have a perfect visual outcome. For Dr. Chynn optimal outcomes are the most important thing, which is how it should be. For example, he came up with the ingenious idea of creating an SMS or WhatsApp group for all patients, where his entire staff and himself are in the group with the patient and any caregivers. That way, if you have any questions in your postop recovery period all you have to do is text the group, get the answer from his staff, and he can monitor the answers and add more detail if necessary (as happened with me). It’s much easier to communicate via text in this day and age than have to constantly call the doctor’s office. As a healthcare professional I recognize and appreciate the many protocols and systems that Dr. Chynn has spent extraordinary time putting into place to ensure optimal outcomes. I chose Park Ave Lasek based on recommendations from coworkers and friends who had gotten Lasek done through Dr. Chynn and they had nothing but good things to say. Note that the vast majority of negative reviews are from people who never proceeded with the surgery, which is like putting up a negative restaurant review when you didn't like the greeter so never bothered to dine there and sample the food. Ultimately what matters is the long term health of your eyes (you only have two after all and seeing is kind of important) both in regards to vision and lack of side effects. Towards that goal you want the most competent and experienced doctor you can find and Dr. Chynn fits the bill.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Great customer service. Can see really well now and it will only get better.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Emil Chynn's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1992)