Ratings for Dr. Emil Chynn

I had been wanting to get rid of my glasses and contacts for years but was unable to get Lasik because I had such a high prescription. Dr. Chynn assured me that I was a good candidate for Lasek. The procedure was extremely fast and was completed without any complications. I noticed a serious improvement within the first 2 weeks. I am still recovering but I'm already seeing 20/25. The recovery period is longer than Lasik, but from what I can see its completely worth it. The staff was very warm and helpful. This experience has been better than I could have expected. I highly recommend anyone who is considered getting their vision corrected to do it at Park Avenue Lasek, you will not regret it!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I got the surgery this jan and love it. I am better than 20/20 and jave spotless night time vision. My eyes took time to heal but the results are amazing. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have it. Follow the instructions, be a good patient, and you will never look back!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

After the initial consultation and a few extra exams the doctor recommended me to do to make sure I am truly a good candidate for Lasek, I was scheduled for the procedure. The procedure itself went really quickly (maybe 10 minutes) and I was out of the doctor's office in about three hours including the waiting time. By my 1st post-op visit, which was one week from the procedure day, I was already very happy about the result. I can still feel subtle improvements in my vision every couple days and I am now roughly 20/30 and 20/40 with better vision still to come (since Lasek requires longer recovery time than Lasik but in exchange there are major benefits such as better final vision and better night vision). I had a very high prescription so this was the results the doctor told me that we could probably achieve during the consultation. I would be close to or past the upper limit which is safe for LASIK to treat, but well within LASEK parameters, which is one reason Dr. Chynn switched from performing the older cutting LASIK to the newer noncutting LASEK in 2003. Overall, I am really grateful that I can now see very well without glasses and Dr. Chynn and his staffs are absolutely fantastic!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have serious doubts about trusting Park Avenue LASEK after a recent office meeting. This place seems to be a lot of hype and promises, but delivering disappointment. I agree with the negative reviews on YELP, this office is out for your money with a non-refundable 2nd opinion/appointment reservation fee of $500. An extra $300 if you want PreVue Lens. Miscommunications regarding procedure, scheduling, and fees abound. I asked about discounts and the 20/15 guarantee in 2015 - totally ignored. $3500 for one eye, $7000 for two eyes - way overpriced. I heard many patients voice their disappointment about their surgery at this office. LASEK is similar to PRK, you're probably better off going elsewhere and getting epi-LASIK by a more competent office. Don't believe me, simply sit in the waiting room office for an hour.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

From my experience as a patient at Park Avenue Laser Vision. Dr. Chynn is fixing extreme cases that no other surgeon in the U.S. let alone NYC can touch. Dr. Chynn can do this because of the no-flap LASEK technique he invented at Harvard I flew in all the way from Bulgaria... and Bulgaria ... because no surgeon in Europe has his experience with these cases. Now I can see 20/20 or better than I was in contacts or glasses.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Chynn and all of the staff at Park Avenue Lasek are amazing. After the surgery I know that I have made the right decision, now I see better than 20/20 and I am happy not to wear my glasses anymore.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I had an excellent experience at Dr. Chynn's Laser Vision Center in NYC. Dr. Chynn is fixing extreme cases that no other surgeon in the U.S. let alone NYC can touch. Dr. Chynn can do this because of the no-flap LASEK technique he invented at Harvard. I flew in all the way from Bulgaria because no surgeon in Europe has his experience with these cases. Now I can see 20/20 or better than I was in contacts or glasses. I found Dr. Chynn, through recommendations of patients who already had done laser correction of theirs eyes at Dr. Chynn's Laser Vision Center, and through very precise and methodical and professional research. And now after the surgery and the achieved results with my vision I know that I have made the right decision choosing Dr. Chynn as my ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I did my LASEK at Park Ave. I had -3 prescription and was freaking out even thinking of cutting my eyes with LASIK. So on that point I did not even consider anything other than non-cutting LASEK. I saw many contradictory reviews on Yelp and Google reviews about Dr. Chynn, and, to be honest, was very worried when I came to my first free consult. The doctor who saw me first (one of Dr. Chynn's fellows) was very nice but did not seem to be really confident in what she was doing. I guess, she was new or something. Anyways, when Dr, Chynn came in he double checked all her numbers and looked at my eyes with the machine himself, so it was a relief. :) After my first visit I made my mind to go ahead with my surgery. At the day of my surgery I was so nervous that he gave me laughing gas to chill me out. Well, my whole procedure went smooth and very funny. I did not feel anything and all my nervousness vanished away with the gas (great thing I am telling you!) Also, surgery was very short, like 10 minutes or so, he was talking to me for the whole time and he let my boyfriend to be with me in the OR so the whole experience was not that bad at all. Now I see better than 20/20, I completed my postop visits (there were three of them - in 1 week, 1 month and 2 months after the surgery) and I am happy not to wear my glasses anymore. I took one star off for somewhat disorganized staff that made my waiting time longer than I would like it to be. Jessica L.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Chynn and all of the staff at Park Avenue Lasek are amazing. I was terrified to subject my one and only pair of eyes to a laser, but the exceedingly friendly and professional staff here helped me to feel comfortable at every step of the way. I had my surgery just over a year ago, aced my 1-, 3-, and 6-month evaluations, and I can say that my vision continues to be perfect in every way! They've been consistently helpful in coordinating my follow-up appointments - even though I had to do all of them in Las Vegas! Definitely a place and surgical option I'd recommend to anyone looking to ditch glasses or contacts. It's truly awesome to wake up every morning with perfectly clear vision and know that I'll never have to worry about contact lenses ever again!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I was lucky to be Dr.Chynn's Pre-Med Intern from 09/2009 to April 2010. I had a great Internship experience at Dr. Chynn's Clinic. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to complete pre-med internship or be a refractive fellow ! Dr. Chynn is a unique and brilliant refractive surgeon NYC can boast of ! I learnt excellent work ethics and to perform well consistently in a high volume clinic as Dr. Chynn's.He is very firm yet cordial and generous to his interns and fellows ! He is a great surgeon to be around with ! I learnt front desk management, performing visual acuity test, screening patients for LASEK, optimizing Vis X -SR and being a surgical tech in the OR with Dr.Chynn ! In addition, I learnt to measure corneal thickness and corneal topography using equipments like Wave Scan and Orbscan ! His office staff and Refractive fellows are very smart and cordial ! I have seen Dr.Chynn treat extreme cases with extreme prescription and those patients returning very happy after Laser vision correction. 9/10 of Dr.Chynn's patients are happy patients ! I would highly recommend Dr. Chynn to LASEK surgery and a great place for training, employment and LASEK laser vision correction! Dorcas Deborah Sugirtharaj

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Emil Chynn's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1992)