You may also like

Rate Dr. Emil Chynn

Dr. Emil Chynn's Ratings

I did my LASEK at Park Ave. I had -3 prescription and was freaking out even thinking of cutting my eyes with LASIK. So on that point I did not even consider anything other than non-cutting LASEK. I saw many contradictory reviews on Yelp and Google reviews about Dr. Chynn, and, to be honest, was very worried when I came to my first free consult. The doctor who saw me first (one of Dr. Chynn's fellows) was very nice but did not seem to be really confident in what she was doing. I guess, she was new or something. Anyways, when Dr, Chynn came in he double checked all her numbers and looked at my eyes with the machine himself, so it was a relief. :) After my first visit I made my mind to go ahead with my surgery.
At the day of my surgery I was so nervous that he gave me laughing gas to chill me out. Well, my whole procedure went smooth and very funny. I did not feel anything and all my nervousness vanished away with the gas (great thing I am telling you!) Also, surgery was very short, like 10 minutes or so, he was talking to me for the whole time and he let my boyfriend to be with me in the OR so the whole experience was not that bad at all.
Now I see better than 20/20, I completed my postop visits (there were three of them - in 1 week, 1 month and 2 months after the surgery) and I am happy not to wear my glasses anymore.
I took one star off for somewhat disorganized staff that made my waiting time longer than I would like it to be.
Jessica L.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2859288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr. Chynn and all of the staff at Park Avenue Lasek are amazing. I was terrified to subject my one and only pair of eyes to a laser, but the exceedingly friendly and professional staff here helped me to feel comfortable at every step of the way. I had my surgery just over a year ago, aced my 1-, 3-, and 6-month evaluations, and I can say that my vision continues to be perfect in every way! They've been consistently helpful in coordinating my follow-up appointments - even though I had to do all of them in Las Vegas! Definitely a place and surgical option I'd recommend to anyone looking to ditch glasses or contacts. It's truly awesome to wake up every morning with perfectly clear vision and know that I'll never have to worry about contact lenses ever again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I was lucky to be Dr.Chynn's Pre-Med Intern from 09/2009 to April 2010. I had a great Internship experience at Dr. Chynn's Clinic. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to complete pre-med internship or be a refractive fellow !
Dr. Chynn is a unique and brilliant refractive surgeon NYC can boast of ! I learnt excellent work ethics and to perform well consistently in a high volume clinic as Dr. Chynn's.He is very firm yet cordial and generous to his interns and fellows ! He is a great surgeon to be around with ! I learnt front desk management, performing visual acuity test, screening patients for LASEK, optimizing Vis X -SR and being a surgical tech in the OR with Dr.Chynn ! In addition, I learnt to measure corneal thickness and corneal topography using equipments like Wave Scan and Orbscan ! His office staff and Refractive fellows are very smart and cordial !

I have seen Dr.Chynn treat extreme cases with extreme prescription and those patients returning very happy after Laser vision correction. 9/10 of Dr.Chynn's patients are happy patients !

I would highly recommend Dr. Chynn to LASEK surgery and a great place for training, employment and LASEK laser vision correction!

Dorcas Deborah Sugirtharaj

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I m about three weeks post-op. Having worn glasses/contacts for a long time, it is incredible to be able to see clearly without them. And knowing that my vision is improving by each passing day, Dr. Chynn told me that I will be seeing 20/20 by the end of the month! I was legally blind with an extreme myopic prescription of -11.00, so this surgery has truly changed my life.
I have done a lot of research and visited other laser vision surgeons and chose Dr. Chynn over everyone because he learned from the best and created the safer-than-LASIK LASEK himself! Dr. Chynn also had LASIK done years ago and still experiences dry eyes. However, according to him and my research there are no complications such as dry eyes after LASEK as long as you strictly follow the post-op recovery directions
Additionally, the staff is very informative and definitely know what they’re doing. They addressed all my doubts and worries professionally and I left with complete trust in them. If you don’t believe me, go in for a free consultation yourself!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2687879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

Dr. Chynn is going to perform my lasek surgery and I feel so confident in him. I am really looking forward to it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

The moment I stepped in I left welcome and the staff was very helpful on keeping me informed, they explained to me that Lasek is a procedure that is 10x safer then Lasik because they don't cut into your eye, I would absolutely recommend this to everyone who is thinking about getting laser eye surgery, I'm glad I was able to find the safest place for my procedure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2417042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I went in for a free consultation and Dr. Chynn and his staff are very professional and friendly. They thoroughly explained the LASEK procedure and even invited me to watch the surgery live. They are very confident of their work and I am convinced enough to go through the workups to get the procedure done ASAP! They addressed all of my questions and fears and I learned that it is much safer than LASIK. I feel very educated about what I'm gonna have done, which is awesome because doctors don't usually explain things in detail for patients to understand. There is also complimentary water/tea/coffee and the HONY book (which I've been dying to look at) in the waiting area! :D

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2417041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Chynn is the best! He has me seeing 20/20. I was wearing glasses for over 30 years. Dr. Chynn changed all that. His staff is wonderful. I actually miss them. He is a great doctor. Do not hesitate to have the Lasek procedure done by Dr. Chynn. It's the best choice you will ever make.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2417040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Being a physician myself, I have seen Dr. Chynn operate when I was a medical student and he has very good hands. That is why I used him for my Lasek vision correction eight years ago (~2005). A high school graduate can perform Lasek these days but if there's a complication you better make sure the opthal can handle it. Even though I think his personality leaves much to be desired, I don't go to a surgeon for their personality. Despite his costs and personality issues, I would have no issues using Emil Chynn again if needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

I can easily say I am really glad to have chosen to have my eyes corrected by Dr Chynn(after all, how many times will I be able to say that in the future! lol). The staff at Park Avenue Lasek were all really friendly, relaxed and professional. I had absolutely no pressure at all into getting any specific procedure done and they made sure I was a proper candidate and that I understood the process well. They were extremely helpful with every step of the process, answered any questions I had and although they were a bit strict with us taking the precautions necessary afterwards, it has been well worth the result. They were also extremely flexible when it came to medical insurance and helped to make sure I got the best coverage possible for my medications. After 1 week, I went from seeing 20/80(had only 1 eye corrected) to 20/25. After two months, I have got 20/15 vision! I have absolutely no side effects like dryness or pain at all(at this point). Can't be more happy about that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718756].votes_count ]]