Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Church

When my son erupted in a horrific skin rash 17 years ago, he must have been seen by over 200 doctors - including "grand rounds" at two top hospitals. When we met Dr. Church of CHLA - we knew we had the right doctor, our lifesaver. He helped keep my son's ill health at bay. His tenacity of finding more about my son's undiagnosed syndrome has led us to NIH who has had recent discoveries that are related to my son's condition. Additionally, he is in constant contact with other doctor's around the globe that have patients with similir symptoms to my son's. His interest in my son's health is unmatched by any health professional A very competent and kind doctor, indeed. We have our complete trust in Dr. Church.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

I have a very rare disease and I am 50. I also am disabled and a RN BSN. Dr Church is extremely knowledgable and caring. He is also my son's Immunologist. I have a primary immune disorder called Common Variable Immune Disorder and my son has Severe Selective IGA defiency. I have only know this caliper of a physician at Yale's Pedi ICU, where I use to work. My son also has a great deal of admiration for Dr. Church and the staff, he refuses to get blood drawn anywhere else! My older son who is 19 worries alot about the health problems in our family and Dr. Church has time for him as well, and has made sure he is well. Dr. Church sees patients on Mondays and Thursdays. He is the head of the department of Allergy and Immunology at Children's Hospital of Los Angelos. The phone number is 323-361-2501. A first visit is at least 1 hour for a complete history and examination and blood work, and any other tests needed.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Joseph A. Church's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1972)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=290572'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014