Ratings for Dr. Virginia L. Chen

If you need an intelligent, caring, professional and dedicated doctor, Dr. Virginia chen is the doctor for you and your entire family. She is, by far, the best doctor I have been to in my entire life. In fact, I recall asking her if she had a family member who was a gynecologist as I would have immediately made an appointment. I have recommended her enthusiastically to friends, famly members and colleagues over the years. Everyone was thrilled! Further, I have been to 4 different offices of hers (3 in Westchester County) and 1 in Manhattan. Her offices were never dirty, never smelled, etc. They are clean and professional with tons of great magazines. Furthermore, her staff is loyal to her, professional and courteous. I cannot believe some of these comments from obvious nutcases. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Dr. Chen has poor business practice. After closing her office in Westchester & not notifying any of her patients, her receptionist was very rude to over the phone after I had been waiting on a Rx refill but couldn't get a hold of anyone because she closed her office. Her office was also very dirty & smelled really badly on my one & only visit. I also found it extremely disappointing that she had bad hygiene & dandruff which was very surprising considering her specialty.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Chen came highly recommended. I went to her twice for annual skin cancer screening. Both times, it was summer time so I was wearing shorts. She didn't have undress into a gown. She merely looked at only the skin that was exposed, even though she new I had had suspicious moles removed on my back and chest. I decided this was outrageously slip shod. I now go to a dermatologist who even checks between the toes! Also, Dr. Chen has no staff support. One time she actually had to take out her wallet to give me change for co-payment. Doesn't return calls either.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

A wonderful doctor who is attentive and accommodating. A gentle but professional approach is often difficult to find in a medical doctor, but Dr. Chen displays these characteristics beautifully.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Excellent. Highly, highly recommended. Kind, helpful, took me on short notice, explained my condition extensively, solicited follow-up questions. Excellent in all respects.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Chen was kind enough to squeeze me in right away to take a look at a rash that had spread all over my body. I had moved away and not visited for a couple of years but she remembered me right away and was quickly able to diagnose the problem and prescribe medication that helped immediately. The new office is beautiful and welcoming and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Dr. Chen also answers her own office phone on occasion which speaks volumes about her dedication and concern for her patients. She has always been extremely knowledgeable and provides all possible treatment options as well as an explanation of the problem so that patients are not left in the dark. She responds to phone calls and questions in a timely and attentive manner.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2010

She was nice , but seemed distracted and in a rush. It was my first visit for a check-up, and I was surprised that she only looked at the parts of my body visible with my clothes on , which I had on because I was brought into the examination room straight from the office by the doctor herself (no support staff). I'm not feeling so confident in this brief exam so I'll have to make another appt. with a different dermatologist.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I have known Dr. Chen for 13 years. She is competent, understanding, kind, and beautiful inside and out. If you need a dermatologist, you won't find better than Dr. Chen. She's not into the cosmetic froo-froo, but she can diagnose and cure. I highly recommend her to any adult.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

The fact that there is a less-than-spectacular rating on here for Dr. Chen makes me think it would be wise to read reviews from several sites in the hope of gaining a more balanced review. It's too easy for frustrated crackpots to post outrageously unfair and unwarranted nonsense. Without question, Dr. Chen is the finest dermatologist one can ever hope to find, bar none. Her comprehensive knowledge, experience, and absolutely incredible intelligence have made her peerless in her field. I have recommended her to scores of family, friends and associates throughout the years, and without exception, I have received rave reviews for her unparalleled abilities in each case. Her expertise in treating rashes is phenomenal; other doctor's patients, as well as other dermatologists, defer to her diagnoses for difficult cases. If this weren't enough, she is also an unassuming, genuinely caring, sweet lady. I recommend her without hesitation to all who read these words. She's the best of the BEST.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr. Chen is the absolute best dermatologist. I had had a skin condition that two to other dermatologists made worse and prescribed creams that gave me ridiculous reactions and stretch marks on top of my ailment. Dr. Chen knew what to do right away, put me on the proper medication and I was cured in a week. She was sad and angry that another dermatologist prescribed something that should have never been used on my problem area. She is the best, really knows her stuff and gets to the point. No frills, Amazing knowledge.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

Dr. Virginia L. Chen's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1982)

UnitedHealthcare