Ratings for Dr. Maricar F. Malinis

Will see again and recommend to others. Educate patient well regarding disease process

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Helpful and approachable to patients. Explains plan very well

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Spends considerable time with patient explaining disease and long term plan.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

When asked if I "slept with men or women," I very explicitly spelled out my heterosexual orientation, testing history of HIV of myself and all my partners and lack of sexual exposure since the most recent test. Imagine how surprised I and my doctor were when he pulled up her electronic records for the visit and she indicated in her narrative notes (in my permanent electronic record) that I was "a bisexual who refused HIV testing even after the risks were explained to (the patient)." If something a patient spells out that clearly and unambiguously--with no room for interpretation, unless she just thought I "looked" like a bisexual who had risky sex and lied to doctors about it--ends up recorded as the complete opposite in the records, ask yourself what else might not be happening during the kind of visit you only schedule when you've been very ill for a long time (the wait to get an appointment at the practice was 6 weeks).

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014