Ratings for Dr. Thomas D. Ade

Takes time, accurately diagnoses. I had health problems for a few years and no doctors could help me until I went to Dr Tom Ade. He was recommended to us and I couldn't be more satisfied. To be honest the office help and old office almost scared me off until I got to know what a great dr Ade is! Do not confuse dr Tom Ade with dr David Ade. They are brothers in the same office.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

A terrible MD. My mother had extreme back pain. He told her it was arthritis and take aspirn. I finally insisted he give her pain meds. Still in pain, he sent her for an MRI of just her left hip!! Found just mild arthritis, told her the same thing. In such pain, called the ambulance, found out she had fractured pelvis and broken tail bone. Also, he has mostly, elderly patients. He had my mother come in every 3 months for a panel of blood tests. Each time they were normal. He owned the lab and billed Medicare!! The lab was always full of patients. I called the Attorney General to look into the reasons for so many lab tests!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Tom Ade is kind, shows good judgment, follows up, listens well and truly makes me feel important as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Tom Ade is an excellent doctor. The people that are at the front desk are not professional. They are rude when you speak to them. I waited 1 1/2 for my appointment. The Dr. thought I did not show up. I said I was here and just sitting in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Very helpful and refers when needed to excellent doctors. Listens well.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr Tom wanted to send my mother to a nursing home based on 15 minutes of observation. I had to remove my mother from the hospital AMA (against medical advice) because of his decision. She is now at home and doing well. He appears to make decisions based on what is expedient for him, rather than what is best for the patient. I would suggest that people in the area seek another doctor for their loved ones medical care.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr.Tom is just about the best I have been too!Before & After my lung transplant he has helped keep me ship shape!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2008

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

I am a registered nurse and a patient of Dr. Tom Ade. He is by far in the upper 10% when it comes to quality of care. His office is old and not impressive, but it is clean, and the staff are qualified and efficient.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007

Zero personal skills. Not there in a life and death situation. Unalble to consider other viewpoints.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2006

Dr. Thomas D. Ade's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1983)

AHC