Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Chapa

I loved him, he was amazing and delivered my three sons. I would trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I wish dr chapa had not retired. Ive seen several drs since that time, and im not happy with any of them. Trust is important when choosing a dr. You are putting your life and the life of your baby, in the drs hand, I really need to find a dr that I trust, to take over for my care.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that he treated me with contempt. Yes I was 23 and single at the time of my pregnancy and I dont know if thats the reason but I feel like he was disgusted by me during our appts. He acted as if he was doing me a huge favor, not friendly or genuinely concerned for me. Maybe thats just his personality and he treats his own wife that way, who knows.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

I often felt like Dr Chapa was making fun of me during my pregnancy. Even though he's seen this thing hundreds of times, it was new to me and he was not very helpful in knowing what to expect. He chastised me for not coming in earlier (I saw him at 13 weeks) but I called his staff at 6 weeks and that's when they told me to come in. I called his office when I went in to labor, and they told me to come to the office. I did, and he acted like I was an idiot for not going to the hospital. My labor was extremely long (40+ hours) and now looking back, I think other things should have been done. He told me I was having false labor - but I was at my due date and the contractions never stopped. I had what I thought was a yeast infection for the first time and I wanted to talk to someone about it before I self-treated, especially since I was pregnant. He acted like I was stupid to take up his time. He's not my doctor anymore.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

Dr. Chapa has been my gynecologist for about 25 years. I hate to think about him ever retiring and having to go to someone else. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and helpful, with an excellent bedside manner. In addition, all of the people who have worked in his office through the years have been pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Richard W. Chapa's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)