Ratings for Dr. Josine K. Veca

Terrible staff. Very long waits for appointments normal (at least an hour). Dr Veca seems knowledgable. The problem is you never know if you can get to her in an emergency since the staff is so incompetent. Billing dept is also a mess. If these things matter to you when birthing a child run don't walk to someone else.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I have not experienced the long waits other members here complained about. I have been going to Dr Veca for 4 years now and the staff is always friendly, and the longest I have ever waited has been 15 minutes. She is so calming, and comforting. Very down to earth, not at all condescending and will gladly listen to your concerns. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Veca is an awesome doctor, she delivered my daughter and did the best c-section cut Ive ever seen! FYI if you are having an emergency then you should go to the emergency room where they are equipted to provide all necessary treatment.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

I have been waiting in this office for 1 hour and 15 mins past my scheduled appointment time, I am not satisfied with this doctor and will be looking for one that is more caring of their patients needs. Not to mention the office is not really clean and smells. And I still haven't seen the doctor I'm not happy with this experience.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I agree with the other posters here - her staff is wildly incompetent and unresponsive. I have no idea why any of them are still employed (or how they were hired in the first place). However, once you break through the barrier of incompetence, the session with Dr. Veca is worth it. Having said that, I have to keep reminding myself of how good appointments are with her every time I go through the nightmare that is scheduling an appointment and / or dealing with insurance payments. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone better than she is - so for now, the nightmare of the front office continues.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

This review reflects my first experience dealing with the office staff and office manager during a stressful, immediate situation involving serious pain of unknown origin in a very delicate area of the body. I explained the urgency and seriousness of my situation to Office Mgr. Cynthia McClaren. She indicated I'd have to wait until February. She said as a first time patient, I had to wait that long even if it was critical I was seen right away. When I practically begged her for an emergency appointment, she was cold, inflexible, compassionless, callus, rude, remote, uncaring, and patronizing. Ms. McClaren told me to go to emergency room. This demonstrated her complete disregard for my delicate circumstance. Ms. McClaren said she doubted the seriousness of my situation and didn't believe or agree with me since I was a stranger. In effect, practicing med. with a license. Why would Dr. Veca make an office rule regarding patients that would be detrimental to the patient's health?

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

The staff is absolutely terrible. They block any1 who would like to see dr. Vecca. You wait 3 months, God forbid you miss your appt, they will make you wait another 3 months. You can grow a new vagina, while you wait. The RN Heather is the worst. She says she will call you back and neva do. My advice, make another appt with anotha gyn, 1 that is accessible. Access is only granted if you are preggo, otha than that fuhgeddaboudit it.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

I cannot say enough great things about Dr Veca. She is caring, kind, calming & thorough. She worked with me through a tough pregnancy and I was beyond impressed with the level of care she provided. While the office staff leaves something to be desired & there's always a wait to see her, I would not hesitate to recommend her. She's wonderful & worth the wait!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

Dr. Veca treated my through my first pregnancy, delivery & 6 weeks PP follow up. She was caring, smart & helped me calm down & enjoy the pregnancy! Thank you Dr. Veca!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

The worst !! Should be disbarred !! Never returns phone calls. Office staff never answers and when they do are unhelpful. Poor credentials--should not be on ther Slope or with Methodist !!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. Josine K. Veca's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1993)

GHI