Ratings for Dr. Samantha B. Feder

After 2 years, I'm done with her. She doesn't ask questions, rushes you out, has zero interest in the patient, is apparently more interested in her skiing or vacations than in hearing about any problems. Find a physician that is committed to the patient. This one is going through the motions.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Completely unprofessional. You would think that someone in her specialty would have a lot of compassion but clearly is tired and unwilling to be friendly.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

I was the one of the last appointments of the day and it was my first time visiting her. After reading these reviews I was worried but once I had my appointment I found her to be warm and nice she knew I was nervous and was kind about it. Definitely will be going back.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I read the reviews and did my research before my first visit to Dr. Feder's office, but decided to give her a try as I needed to switch doctors quickly due to a change in insurance carriers. I found the office to be nice and clean, and the staff pleasant and helpful. I arrived 10 minutes early to complete paperwork for a 4pm appointment and was actually seen by 4:05. Very punctual! Dr. Feder herself is quite "brisk", yes, as some reviews mention. However, she also took the time to log my health history as well as explain the results of some tests I recently had and address my concerns. The exam itself was a bit rushed, but I did not mind as it was a routine exam and I am ultimately there for a knowledge, capable doctor who might one day deliver my children. Dr Feder seems to be that kind of doctor. I will go back and hope I continue to have good things to say in the future.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Feder does this job without love, passion and respect for the passion. She does not listen. Does not ask. Does not care. Just look for another doctor. She does not deserve YOU .

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

There is something really wrong with Feder behaviorally, to the point where it's frightening. I was sent in to triage by my usual doctor over the phone. Once I got there, Feder exclaimed angrily, "I don't have any idea why she sent you here, you're too early." She ranted a bit more on the dubious judgment of my usual doctor, and then said "Well, if you really want, you can stay, but you will HAVE to go on pitocin. We don't just let women hang around here unless they're on pitocin." She was absolutely floored when I declined and made motions to get ready to go home. When she got the hint that we were perfectly happy leaving, she ventured that "maybe you will have to stay if I find something wrong on the monitor." After we told her that we would make our own decision, she stormed off. In addition to her bizarre behavior, my husband and I doubted her competence and professionalism. She chewed gum while speaking to us -- in the maternity triage area. Who does that?

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Dr.Feder is amazing! She saved my little boys life! Her bedside manner was perfect for me. She was a bit sarcastic but that is one of the reasons i liked her from the start. I ended up in the hospital for 2 1/2 months, and she stopped by to see me on a regular basis. She even dropped by couple of times on her way home and brought me a book she thought i might enjoy. She is knowledgable and professional and awesome! Needless to say, when my partner decided to get pregnant we stayed with Dr.Feder, and had another amazing experience. Wait time at her office was longer at times but i guess i felt like that at most Dr.'s offices in NYC. Overall fantastic experience!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I love Dr. Feder! She accepted me as a patient when I was 5 months pregnant with my first child and answered every question I had (yes, I brought lists of questions to each visit). With my second, she knew of my aversion to having a C-section and stuck with me through a 36+ hour labor only to discover that my son was stuck under my pelvic bone. It was only because of her knowledge and experience that she was able to dislodge his shoulder and deliver him safely & naturally with no nerve damage. She is one of the brightest and most talented doctors I have ever had and I highly recommend her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

My husband and I are reading these comments together and we agree with all the remarks critiquing Dr. Feder's bedside manners. She is brisk, short and always in a rush. She is always behind schedule. I've sometimes waited up to 1 hour for a scheduled appt. However, at the end of the day, when you need a good surgeon, she is a doctor I would trust with my life. I've had two c-sections. Dr. Feder delivered my second child this summer and did an outstanding job. She even took what was a very unattractive c-section scar from my first delivery and turned it into something that I am no longer self conscious about and perhaps next summer I will even wear a bikini again. Also, I think there has been some sort of change in the practice's support staff as their attitudes have improved since I first started going there several years ago. Perhaps the practice should offer free wifi and modernize the waiting room.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

STAY AWAY!!!! I saw Dr. Samantha Feder for my 1st ob prenatal visit. Mind you this is my 1st child and my first MD visit. She wore no MD coat/jacket and had NO ID anywhere to be seen. NEVER introduced herself to me. I had to ask her if she was my MD and then ask for her name. She has NO bedside manner..is cold..pretentious...and didn't even give me a chance to ask her 1 question after she had finished doing my gyn exam. Didn't even review my blood work from a week prior. If you wan't a good experience DO NOT see this MD. I don't care if she is a Director or how much experience she has...she was horrible and not pleasant. I will be seeing a different MD on my next visit.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. Samantha B. Feder's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1996)