Ratings for Dr. John P. Brennan

Dr. Brennan was amazing. The long waits for office visits were well worh it at my child's birth. He opted to intervene surgically when it turned out that our baby was in immediate distress and would not otherwise have survived. We cannot thank him enough for saving her life.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

It's been 13 years since he delivered my first of three daughters...and I will still NEVER forget how terrible he was. The regular visits were okay, but he was VERY LATE for the delivery and YELLED at me for not pushing in the "right" way. Unbelievable trauma. My daughter turns 13 this year and I am grateful for her...she's wonderful, but this man was AWFUL. I'm also the kind of person that's highly empathic to others, but I was vulnerable and scared while he simply YELLED at me. I also saw him treat his staff poorly. Granted, this was many years ago now, but I think it took me this long to get up the nerve to write this.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I cannot recommend him highly enough. The entire staff there are absolutely delightful. Dr Brennan is amazing, so incredibly patient, respectful and collaborative. He never rushes and nothing is too small to discuss or ridiculous to ask! His wife Jais, his nurse, is equally amazing – she always ensures that you are fully informed and is concerned with all aspects of what you’re dealing with – a huge comfort to a first time Mom who’s family lives abroad! I've also had some other gyno issues to deal with, one involving surgery and again, John was fantastic. He is affiliated with Lenox Hill. The receptionist is an absolute sweetheart and so accommodating – something you rarely see these days!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

I have been Dr. Brennan's patient for decades now; he has also been my surgeon, not only my gyn, when I had a mass on an ovary. Dr. Brennan is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had, one of the most meticulous and passionate about doing whatever he can for his patient. I say "one of" because my internist,Dr. Berman, is as dedicated as Dr. Brennan. They're a team and they coordinate and stay connected with each other. He's occasionally late for his appointment but that's part of being a gyn when one has to attend to an (unscheduled) birth or attend to an emergency. He's worth waiting for and I am willing to go out of my way to be his patient because he goes out of his way to be my - and your - doctor. His staff is wonderful and so is his family. All around outstanding !!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I cannot warn you enough to stay away from John Brennan. He starts out as the nicest, most flexible guy ever - and ends by snickering at your plans to go natural; inciting fear when you are relaxed (okay, this was Jayce, but still) and - if you're as lucky as me - failing to show up for your birth at all...and believe me, he had plenty of time to get there. The WORST.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Dr. Brennan is absolutely the worst doctor I have ever had. He is consistently late, often times upwards of 45 minutes. He doesn't wash his hands when we enters the room, doesn't make eye contact and is totally unprepared for the appt. Sometimes, he forgets that I have been his patient for over 8 years. I am thrilled to be seeing another doctor who gives me time, effort and attention. Another heads up, he even forgot that he performed a SURGERY on me not once, but twice during follow up appts.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

takes his time with you, answers all your questions, makes you feel comfortable. His staff are very sweet and friendly

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I am doula and Dr. B was totally disrespectful towards my client WHILE SHE WAS PUSHING. It was unbelievable. He yelled at her and made comments about her requests, talked about another client that wanted their misplaced placenta and said that he just gave them another mom's placenta. I will NEVER work with him again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

I am currently pregnant with baby # 1 and let me say Dr. Brennan and his team (especially his wife) are AMAZING they offer excellent care and tons of knowledge especially for crazy FTM like me. Im ecited about my next appt!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Best Doctor in the world. I was losing my twins, and someone recommended him to me. I called him for immediated help i wasn't even a patient when he saw me. I lost one of the baby, but he was able to hold me until I gave birth to my son. VERY GOOD DR. I am having my second now and he will be my doctor for sure.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr. John P. Brennan's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal