Ratings for Dr. Bernard L. Gutman

I had an excellent experience when it came time to get new glasses. He went out of his way to make sure all of my questions were answered and I got what I want. The exam was very thorough.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

One man operation that doesn't work. You cannot be both an Optometrist and secretary/billing clerk and do it well. Very unorganized, long wait even with an appointment and walk ins will be served while your waiting. In addition, he is very stubborn and makes no apologies for the bad customer service. I do not recommend this place unless you are retired and can wait hours to be served.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Rude and ill mannered. I came in for glasses and asked if I could look at the frames while he was with another customer. He asked for my prescription first and asked if I had insurance. While I was looking he hovered and made suggestions for the ugliest frames you could image. He said he had over 2500 frames. Most of them are old styled. I asked him if I could peruse myself and he said no, I might steal them. He got loud. It was embarrassing as other clients were in the store. I left as quickly as I could and told him I would never be back.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

The worst Doctor I experienced. No patient, can't ask questions. What he concerned was just Insurance can cover or not.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I VERIFIED WITH DR.GUTMAN WHAT TIME I SHOULD COME IN FOR MY APPOINTMENT, HE SAID 6 P.M.HE SPOKE TO ME ABOUT THE GLASSES HE RUDELY SAID THAT HE DIDNT HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH ME. I TOLERATED HIM COMPARING THE PRICES HE WOULD CHARGE WITHOUT THE PLAN VERSES THE PRICES WITH MY CURRENT PLAN. I FELT THAT THIS WAS UNNECSSARY INFORMATION(HE WAS ANGRY THAT I HAD A DISCOUNTED PRICE) WHEN MY EXPRESSED MY DESIRE FOR THE TINT OF THE LENSES HE SAID VERY AGGRESSIVE "PUT YOUR GLASSES DOWN ON THE PAPER.HE WAS RUSHING ME AND I DIDN’T FEEL CONFIDENT ABOUT MY GLASSES BEING FILLED CORRECTLY.ALSO HE KEPT SAYING HE HAD ANOTHER CUSTOMER WHEN HE TOLD ME TO COME IN AT THIS TIME,I WOULD HAVE GLADLY WAITED. HE WAS TALKING DOWN TO ME,I COULDNT ENDURE HIS ABUSE ANY LONGER. I SAID I DIDNT LIKE THE WAY HE WAS TREATING ME HE SAID "HOW DID YOU WANT ME TO TREAT YOU".I SAID "LIKE A CUSTOMER WITH AN APPOINTMENT AND NOT LIKE A BUM ON THE STREET".I DIDNT DESERVE TO BE TREATED THAT WAY.I CRIED IN THE PARKING LOT .

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012